Desktop Screenshots, Round IV

Arena2045

Don't be fooled by those other screenshot threads... this is the OFFICIAL, non OS biased, biannual Desktop Screenshots thread... Round IV!Please share your latest desktop screenshot(s) here... try to keep the image(s) under 480 pixels wide, or provide a thumbnail link, or text link to larger versions.We are all looking forward to seeing other member's current desktop screenshots!My iBook Desktop:Click thumbnail to view:t_ibook_02_27_05.jpg-----------------------------------------------------Don't have a server to upload your screenshot to?Contact a Moderator and we will help get your screenshot online.Interested in the first three rounds of desktop pics?Round I, Round II, Round III.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Plukaduk

• cybormoron

• RandomBox

• greengeek

Hmm...my reply got eaten by the thread. I hope this is not a double post. Sorry for the bigger thumbnail. I thought I had it down to a smaller size. Also, the screen shot at the link is 2.1+ Meg, so I wouldn't follow it on dial-up.scrnshotsm.jpg

Edited by littlebone

Very cool Plukaduk, littlebone, and siebkens!I think its always interesting to see how people customize their OS desktop/task bar in Windows... I used to have a setup sort of like Littlebone's when I was on Windows; but even now on Mac OS X, I use a 3rd party app instead of the operating system's dock.--Remember folks, all are welcome to share their desktop screenshots... this is the OFFICIAL, non-OS-biased, biannual Desktop Screenshots thread...

It seems that things have not changed on my desktop in a couple of years. I checked to see what I had posted in previous iterations of this study and discovered that it still applies. (The only thing I had to change was the hosting site):

I haven't changed my desktop since Round 1.  I keep everything organized in my active desktop and hide the icons.  As a result, I have a clean desktop to show off this B&W photo of "my girls", centered on a black background!  (Hypersnap copy, resized to 480 pixels wide with Irfanview)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/Corrine3/desktop.gif

Off topic:How come www.glenwoodconsulting.com wants a cookie when I look at this thread?JimAt least it did a couple views..

Edited by jimupnord

Off topic:How come www.glenwoodconsulting.com wants a cookie when I look at this thread?JimAt least it did a couple views..

I'm not sure. The directory the screen shot is in is off the main site, where there is ASP code for my company, but I didn't think that viewing a file in a sub-directory would cause you to need a cookie. Sorry about that.(Edit)Uh...I just viewed the image with Internet Explorer which I have set to always prompt me for cookies and my site didn't ask for any. And I didn't get any in my Temporary Internet Files or Cookies folders. So I'm not sure what phase the moon has to be in for the site to drop a cookie on one. Sad state of affairs for the developer (moi).The main site at www.glenwoodconsulting.com uses a cookie to keep track of one page withing the site, the FAQs. Then it uses that on exiting to order the FAQs in most frequently viewed order. Anyway, jimupnord, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Edited by littlebone

Here you go Arena . . . the desktop of my Drake 10.1. . . . . . . MINI-Drake.jpegI made it a bit more interesting by showing the output of my backup-script in a transparant eterm and having my favorite station on xmms ;):teehee: Bruno

. . . my Slackware 10.1 desktop:. . . . . . . Slackware-mini.jpeg . . << Click to enlarge I like it simple and clean ;):teehee: Bruno

Here is my Xandros desktop, which looks almost exactly like my Mandrake and Fedora3 desktops, since I use the same wallpaper (with one tiny variation) on all three. :teehee:

• 1 year later...

This thread has not been added to in a while so I thought I would add to it. ;)Here is my desktop I call "Sea of Change" just like my PC. It seems I am always changing it.desktop1aw1.png

Edited by C_P