Which Linux distro

siebkens

But the minimum install also installs NFS and Sendmail/Postfix and probably Samba so it probably tries to install Webmin, too.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• siebkens

• teacher

• quint

Top Posters In This Topic

Peachy,I did the full install and I had to install NFS myself and samba is not installed ( do not need it ) Postfix was installed for sure, but was not this only to configure those ?:D Bruno

CONGRATULATIONS!!! SIEBJust got back from walking the dogs, and what do I see...another Registered Linux User. Knew you'd get it done - great job! :( See Julia already set off the fireworks. :D

Isn´t that geat Quint ! Sieb online in Mandrake !:( Bruno
In record time, considering what she had to go through; looks like we had a "Triple Crown Winner" after all. :D

But the minimum install also installs NFS and Sendmail/Postfix and probably Samba so it probably tries to install Webmin, too.
Peachy,You are exactly right - webmin was in every install. There were 4 added services (not sure of the terminology) - including webmin, for the first couple of installs, but when we trimmed it down, webmin was the only one that showed up on that screen.Also, going way back, (earlier today ;) ), I'm going to run a diagnostic on that 1st hd. It was 1 that I had hanging around. The 2nd one, although smaller was my own disk & I knew its history.I am going to really try to work towards LINUX. Would like to be able to wean myself at least partially away from MS, try to use LINUX to manage stuff around here!! B)Quint:
See Julia already set off the fireworks.
She stepped in while you were out - hope she didn't STEAL YOUR THUNDER! ;)