• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bruno

• siebkens

• teacher

• quint

Top Posters In This Topic

It says ¨wild¨ Siebsky . . . . . B) :) That explains a lot about that harddisk . . . . . :) BrunoPS: Quint that means that we have till end August . .

I'll help Bruno Gamey - a little ripe or rotten - wild as in wild game - pheasant, quail, etc.His avatar has stopped on my screen. He must be tired.Oh I see he already posted. _____________________trying to save the penguin from more work

I know from highly secret intelligence sources that the 3 of you have a bet . . . the first that gets me over the wall will win the prize, I even have the suspicion that Scot might be into this too . . .:DNOBODY will win the prize, cal tell you that !B) Bruno

It could be a while - my time remaining is bouncing between 29 & 30 minutes. Much longer than the previous start (around 15 minutes), but I expect it is because I am installing more stuff.Bruno, I realize that it's getting late for you AGAIN. Bruno

It says ¨wild¨ Siebsky . . . . . That explains a lot about that harddisk . . . . .
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of smelly (it's been a long day) :) But I like your definition better! B) PS - Just moved on to 2nd disk.And I hope we can finish this before AUGUST!!! :)

Bruno, I realize that it's getting late for you AGAIN.
We still have 3-4 hours to play Sieb don´t worry + it´s a long weekend, monday is free . . . . . . . B) Bruno

Happy to have ADSL, no smell is comming through . . . . . just poored another cup of tea . . . . .August is still far away !B) Bruno

You'll be on-line with your new OS by 7:00 P.M. EDT.
No, I say on line by 6:30 PM. All three of us ar EDT. Bruno, however, is just a few hours off.B) We always knew there was something off about him. :)

You'll be on-line with your new OS by 7:00 P.M. EDT.
No, I say on line by 6:30 PM. All three of us ar EDT. Bruno, however, is just a few hours off.:) We always knew there was something off about him. :)
Just far ahead of you all !!! :) :) B) B) :) Bruno

I'VE GOT GUI!!! All I needed to do on the last install was go ahead & take care of configuring the graphical interface, but I was afraid that I would mess something up. Oh well, live & learn!! BTW - it's not using my video card, I believe that it is using the on-board video - not a problem.No error messages on this install. Very strange - those error messages. I assume that depends on which packages that you install and their interaction?-----------Quint - where are those fireworks? B) :) -------Got to take a break to watch the Belmont Stakes. GO FUNNYCIDE!! We may have a triple crown winner today! B)-----------Running by 6:10 PM EDT - ahead of schedule!! :)

Yes, hurray !! Siebsky, hurray !! I was keeping my fingers crossed for the last 24 hrs. can´t get them back normal anymore ! ;)Sieb, woman , your great, not giving up . . right up to the end, that´s grand Sieb, just grand.Congrats with your Mandrake !!We´ll get to the details later, let´s first chill out and celebrate, Julia has still that bottle of champagne . . . . . :DThanks to everybody that jumped in this thread to help out !! :)B) Bruno* screeming and dancing around the room !!!

Breaking out the champagne:Congratulations Sieb We knew you could do it!What? You mean you are not going to sit down and play with it for a few hours now?Bruno, this means you can go to sleep at a decent hour tonight, right?Wait, don't forget to go register._____________________Always ready to celebrate

YES YES YES !!! YES YES YES !!! YES YES YES !!! YES YES YES !!! YES YES YES !!! YES YES YES !!! YES YES YES !!! YES YES YES !!! What a woman this Siebsky !!! What a fighter ! Another statue on the Linuxsquare !!B) Bruno

Where is she gone ? Taking a shower I think, she was talking about being smelly, you do not ge to a party like that !B) Bruno

We are doing the happy dance, champagne, fireworks and she leaves!!! B)
Fooled you! :DRan the kid off the downstairs TV so that I can watch the race & play with Linux at the same time!---------------------First posting using Konqueror.-------------------Registration next! :)

Sieb, The Counter: HereB) Bruno
Thanks, I was looking for that! :) And THANK YOU EVERYONE for all of your help. I can honestly say that I'd never have gotten all of this installed without everyone's help! B) --------------------------registered Linux user #317075 :)

SiebGo to the control center that pops up when you boot up. On there is a link to update your mandrake and most of the things to get you started. I would give you exact details but I am not in Linux right now and it's not the best time to stop everything and change.If you join the Mandrake Club they give you a better update site.

Thanks Julia - I'll check that out!---------------No triple crown winner. :) It was a great race - Empire Maker came through.--------------Going to kick back & relax for a bit. B)

Sieb,UPDATES:Click on the little screen with the wrench on your toolbar, you´ll get a dialog to fill in your rootpassword.then a new window will pop up:Go to Software management and click on mandrake update, it will search for a list of mirrors, pick one of the two last US ones, and it will get a list ( takes time ) .If after you want a faster mirror: click on ¨software Sources Manager¨ and select ¨update source¨ and ¨edit¨ delete the url in there and paste this one in:ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Man...pdates/9.1/RPMSThat´s a very fast Dutch ftp site !Updates now will be around 200 MB !! Do not install them all at once take a couple at a time, download, install, download, install etc.B) Bruno

Well done Sieb :PDoesn't it feel good to win in the end. B)  :) Congrats. Hodgy
Yes, I can tell you that this morning when I had no hard drives recognized, it wasn't looking very good!Feeling great now! :)

Name: webminVersion: 1.070-1mdkSize: 20902 KBSummary: An SSL web-based administration interface for Unix systems.Description: A web-based administration interface for Unix systems. Using Webmin you can configure DNS, Samba, NFS, local/remote filesystems, Apache, Sendmail/Postfix, and more using your web browser.
Webmin also requires a web server to be operational! :DCongratulations! :D Sorry I haven't been following the play-by-play all afternoon. (Too bad about Funnycide :( ) I've been trying to figure out why my server certificate could not be signed by my self-signing Certificate Authority. This is probably all Greek to anyone not trying to setup a secure web server from source. The distros do it for you easily but I need to learn how to do this so I can build a customised secure web server for work.

I never understood why Mandrake wanted to install it in the first place Peachy, we did a minimum install, go figure . . :( :D This was a very weird install anyway !:( Bruno