My home folder won't open

swingkatz

My computer is really weird. I have my home folder on the menu bar I think the program is Konqur (spelt wrong I know) and it refuses to open. My brother adam tried to fix it when he came home, but didn't know how so he set up Nautilus for me. But today it decided not to open as well! What's up with that? :sweatingbullets: So I was wondering if you Linux people knew how to fix it.Amanda

No it will not hurt at all. Simply go to your MCC and then to software and Remove Programs. Check the boxes and remove. Then switch back to add software and add them back in. I have had to do this a time or two and it has always worked for me. :thumbsup:

OK, let us try this if Julia's suggestion does not work......In a Konsole window:

kfmclient openProfile filemanagement

Post anything that comes up...... maybe there is an error. Bruno..... she is on dialup, so she doesn't do any updates.... vanilla Drake 10.1.

HiWhen in the remove software or the add software, simply type konqueror in the search box, press enter, and it will then display it at the bottom of the screen. :thumbsup:

Bruno..... she is on dialup, so she doesn't do any updates.... vanilla Drake 10.1.

Amanda, ask your brother to make an Update CD . . . it is very easy to do and it will sure solve you problems because if I remember correctly "kdebase-common" and "kdebase-progs" was bugfixed a few times ;):D BrunoPS: Removing konqueror ( kdebase-progs ) is a bit tricky . . . . Be sure to note down ALL the files it wants to remove when you uninstall konqueror so you can re-install them again . . . and also do this while you are in Gnome because it will take the most important packages of KDE with it :thumbsup: . . . I would wait for the updates and see if that fixes it though ;)NOTE: There were bugfixes for all the kdebase packages in Mandrake 10.1 on Nov. 5, Nov 26, Jan 12, Febr 1 and Febr 18 . . . so get your dear brother to read this: http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.ph...14&t=503&st=223 :ph34r: . . .and tell him that if he cuts out the SRPMS packages and the additional kernels it does fit on one CD :ph34r:

Hey! That sounds suspiciously like work! B)

Work ? Giving a few commands and clicking a few Icons ? You call that work ? ;) Come on, help your little sister . . . . and you can even do all that from your lazy chair :P :w00t:B) Bruno

. .  and you can even do all that from your lazy chair ;) :w00t:B) Bruno

Somehow I suspect there is yet to be a lazy chair in that apartment. From the floor sounds more like it . . . or from the computer chair. Despite being a teddy bear, I don't think he hibernates in the winter or gets too lazy. Right Adam?

Somehow I suspect there is yet to be a lazy chair in that apartment. From the floor sounds more like it . . . or from the computer chair.  Despite being a teddy bear,  I don't think he hibernates in the winter or gets too lazy.  Right Adam?

Ummm...... sure. :PI will not have a lazy chair per se, but there is this really nice chair/ottoman combo that I want to get from IKEA, when the Navy decides to give me my housing allowance.

[adam@localhost updatetmp]$ mkisofs -R -o update101.isomkisofs: Missing pathspec.Usage: mkisofs [options] file...Use mkisofs -helpto get a list of valid options.[adam@localhost updatetmp]$

The help screen is not showing anything obvious....... am I missing something simple here?

You need the name of the directory you want to make the iso from:

mkisofs -R -o update101.iso official

( if official is the name of the dir you see in the updatetmp )B) Bruno

$ kfmclient openProfile filemanagementDCOPReply<>: cast to 'QCString' errorto awnser adam's question In a Konsole window:CODEkfmclient openProfile filemanagementPost anything that comes up...... maybe there is an error.Bruno..... she is on dialup, so she doesn't do any updates.... vanilla Drake 10.1.

• 1 month later...

Well, I guess it is time to bring up old threads......I updated Amanda's computer remotely via SSH, and all seems well! (So far anyway) :PAdam