WeatherBug for Linux?

Guest ThunderRiver

Guest ThunderRiver

As a college stud, I rely soo much on WeatherBug. Unfortunately it only works with Windows. Don't try it with WINE though because I guarantee the experience won't be pleasant. The free program from "The Weather Channel" works abit better, but still freezes up very very often (as soon as you go in xscreensaver mode).Any solution? I want free program that's just like WeatherBug. I have found some, but the funny thing is that they don't provide you with a public server to connect to; thus you are supposed to have some sort of thermometer equipment connected to your PC? LOL..that's just ridiculous :)Anyway, let me know if you know where to find one for Linux

Get yourself Gkrellm, it has a weather applet as plugin for the temperatures outside.And as extra bonus it has the lm_sensors-applet for the temperatures inside your PC. ( if your motherboard supports it )Never cold feet again :DB) Bruno

I guess you want to know what the weather is like ? In most cases people mean outside ! :) :) :) :) Bruno

Gkrellm, it has a weather applet as plugin
Was it not a weather applet you were after, ThunderRiver ?outside/inside was a joke . . . :) :DB) Bruno

For anyone els interested in the weather, the Gkrellm plugin Weather applet is easy to configure:Get the 4 letter station ID at http://www.nws.noaa.gov/tg/siteloc.shtml of your gerional weather station. Choose the way you want the wind speed to show ( km/h, m/s or beaufort ). And it will show : - Temperature, Relative Humidity - DewPoint, Pressure (altimeter) - Wind Direction, Wind Speed - Sky Condition (if available)- The Name of the Weather StationIf you´re stuck for things to talk about, the weather sure is a topic. ;) :DB) Bruno

Hi TitanWelcome to the Linux department !Just some aditional info that might help you:You will find the Gkrellm system monitors on your CD or Here;) Bruno