Bill Gate$ sounds off

jbredmound

jbredmound
This article, from ZDNet, describes Bill's letter to the committee looking at Spam legislation. His basic premise, like so many others, is good. I digitally sign all of my outbound email now, via Verisign, as my quiet comment on solving many of the problems that we face with email today.However, I still ask one very important question: What do we do about those "off shore" servers that are responsible for so much of our problems?As I have said before, being involved with MyNetwatchman has been an education for me, as I can review who has been "knocking on my door", and many of those servers are not based in the Americas or Europe. Bill says it should be a "world-wide" standard, but monitored by the FTC. Great, but will we be willing to block out some major parts of the world due to non-compliance, and if we are willing, who will make the decision?

twistedcranium
This article, from ZDNet, describes Bill's letter to the committee looking at Spam legislation. His basic premise, like so many others, is good. I digitally sign all of my outbound email now, via Verisign, as my quiet comment on solving many of the problems that we face with email today.However, I still ask one very important question: What do we do about those "off shore" servers that are responsible for so much of our problems?As I have said before, being involved with MyNetwatchman has been an education for me, as I can review who has been "knocking on my door", and many of those servers are not based in the Americas or Europe. Bill says it should be a "world-wide" standard, but monitored by the FTC. Great, but will we be willing to block out some major parts of the world due to non-compliance, and if we are willing, who will make the decision?
Bill will make that decision for us. He is what is good for us, remember? *choke* B)

Guest ThunderRiver

Well, hey.. at least he is in the right direction. I can be contacted through PGP ;)-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----Version: PGPfreeware 7.0.3 for non-commercial use <http://www.pgp.com>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kLKg-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----