Chocolate Covered Potato Chips...

Guest Paracelsus

What's Your "Gut" Reaction to the Idea of Chocolate Covered Potato Chips??  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Paracelsus

Although I was raised in the Delaware Valley (South Jersey, actually)...I'd never heard of These until watching "Unwrapped" on the Food Network, just now.I've had chocolate covered Pretzels (yummy) and chocolate covered Graham Crackers ( yummy²).But the idea of a chocolate covered Potato Chip has me in a quandary.Sweet & Salty?? :thumbsup: OK...It works well with Pretzels. But Chips??I love PC's with:

• Salsa
  • Guacamole
  • Clam Dip
  • Sour Cream & Onion Dip
  • Nacho Cheese Dip
  • etc.

But what would one serve with Chocolate covered Potato Chips??Black Raspberry Purée??Honest thoughts, please :w00t:

Chocolate covered potato chips? :w00t: Man, I dunno: Adding chocolate to something as salty and flavour-blasted as potato chips would be revolting, IMO :thumbsup:
We forgetting about pretzels??? :D

ParacelsusThere are a few local candy shops here that sell them by the bag. They are excellent btw.We got tired of paying the shop, so the wife bought some high quality chocolate melts (from the same store :thumbsup: ) and made them ourselves.

Edited by NRD

I haven't tried them but I find that salt and vinegar chips go really well with a chocolate bar, not that they would be really good for you. I have a real problem with chips, I swear they call my name when I walk by can't resist.

As a self-confessed chocoholic, I must admit that this sounds disgusting. Maybe it is because I do not like potato chips -- too much grease!Maybe if it was a tortilla chip...... Chocolate coverd graham crackers are great....There is nothing like an excellent, high-quality dark chocolate. Let's not ruin a good thing. B)

Guest Paracelsus

So far... the "Say Whats" are in the lead.

Cool Whip
Not a bad idea, Dale. Or maybe a "FlufferNutter" dip?
How much Salt is in a potato?
Not much. That comes in after the chips are cooked. Of course...With you being on the other side of the pond, we need keep our terminology clear.American --------------- BritishFries --------------------- ChipsChips -------------------- CrispsBut waddaya expect from people who call cookies, biscuits! o:) ;) B)
Ah, but those don't qualify as "flavoured"
I don't know how they're sold in The Great White North...But down here in the States, it's still possible to buy plain ol' Potato Flavored, Potato Chips :DOMG!!... How's about Chocolate covered French Fries :ph34r: :devil:

:D .... As a tender young lad , still in high school in Sacramento, C , the high school was right across the street from a "Fosters Freeze" ,, blackberry, banana, butterscotch malteds .. uummmmmmmmmmmm good

Guest Paracelsus
Have you ever had french fries dunked into a Frosty?
Actually, I have, come to think of it.But a Frosty counts more as Ice Cream in my book. And I generally prefer Pretzels with Ice Cream.Thanks to the generosity of fellow Highlander and Good Friend, NRD...I shall soon obtain a bag of these unique gastronomic treats for my own delectation :drooling:Stay tuned for a complete review, after the LabRat Food Testing Laboratories has completed its experiments.

I have eaten a great deal of strange tasting food in my lifetime, so choc covered chips would be no big deal. Sweet and sour perhaps. :"> I've eaten choc covered ants, a refreshing taste with a hint of tart to the sweetness. Then again I've eaten ants with no chocolate.It's mind over matter most of the time (Fear Factor eating raw brains) :whistling: Email me a packet please :">

Edited by Plukaduk

I voted for POPC (plain ol' potato chips) aka "I like 'em nekkid".But my last chekup showed I was high on the cholesterol and the blood pressure. Couple that with the overabundance of flab is helping exacerbate the above and I will have to pass on the choclate dipped PCs. And I guess (sigh) on the POPCs, too.Pass the celery please. No, not that peanut-butter filled stuff! :-(

Wow, that's the best way to make junk food even more unhealthy for you, dip it in chocolate! B)
Not the best way. After the chocalate dipping they should batter them then deep fry them (again). Then serve them with cool whip! Edited by littlebone

Not cool whip, it would have to be real whipped cream. You could probably hear your arteries clogging with every bite. B) I think I'd rather enjoy bad foods one at a time. Some days I'd eat chips, other days I'd eat chocolate. As a result, I'm not overweight (lets not discuss cholesterol though, LOL).

Guest Paracelsus

"Say Whats" are still in the lead, with "I Like 'em Nekked" marginally edging out "WOW!! Gotta Have 'em" for second place.Nobody likes Fondue Parties any more? :devil:NRD informed me last evening that my CCPCs are on their way :(

Guest Paracelsus

In spite of my admonitions not to waste extra money on postage, as the weather is still very cool here in north Texas...NRD sent the CCPCs via express mail, and they were waiting and calling to me in my mailbox this afternoon when I arrived home from work.Talk about a welcome TGIF surprise :clap:These are a Milk Chocolate variety from a local (for NRD) candy story named Giambri'sOMG!!!... :) :P :drooling:These things are GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-OOD!!!Not as salty as I was expecting (although I think I might prefer them saltier). It's mainly a very good Milk Chocolate taste, with just a slight "Potato Chip" after flavour. These chips are very thin and quite crispy. Actually, a bit reminiscent of a Nestle's Crunch bar.I believe they could do well to use a thicker, ripple cut, chip.So far... I've only tried a few plain, and with Peanut Butter. YUMMY :DTomorrow...I'm going to make a grilled Peanut Butter and Järlsberg cheese with CCPC sandwich! :P :P

Edited by Paracelsus

Guest Paracelsus

Peanut Butter and Järlsberg cheese is one of my favorite sandwiches. PB and cheese is a fabulous combination.Cheese and Chocolate ain't too shabby neither :)

Edited by Paracelsus

i dunno about all that...  :hmm: but being a late-nighter, i've had some strange "meals"...  :hmm: last night, two left over pizza slices and left over ham & cheese and roast beast sandwiches from the party platter....  :) washed down with sam's choice "cola?"  :hmm:
Is there any particular method you use to roast the beast before you eat him? What type of beast might this be? If we are going to serve cheese, why not a little baked brie with fresh French bread, or maybe Italian? :) B)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Paracelsus

Interesting Idea, Patio. But there are more ingredients in a classic Fondue than just melted cheese. I'm not sure they would compliment the CCPCs very well.I did however, make a grilled Peanut Butter and Järlberg sandwich on seeded Rye Bread. After grilling with butter, I opened it and added a few CCPCs.It was really quite good!! :D