Minister backs open source !

Bruno

For those who like to read some positive news on open source:Minister backs open source as future for UK business usersGiving his strong backing for the open source movement e-commerce minister Stephen Timms this month called on UK organisations to take a close look at open software.You can read the full story Here:( Bruno

At least the EU isn't closed minded about open source (sorry for the bad pun), BTW first post from in Debian..Man am I loving this

Thanks BarryEurope takes open source very serious, Germany, Portugal, Spain and Belgium were the first with fixed policies endorsed by the government on open source.The European commission is pushing very hard to get away from Microsoft dominance. Holland is hesitating, but wait till I get my seat in parliament.:( Bruno

Holland is hesitating, but wait till I get my seat in parliament.:( Bruno
A penguin in Parliament? That'll be the day!! :(

The Dutch are very clever Ryan; penguins have often more brains then average politicians ! They will know who to elect. ;)Barry, glad you enjoy your Debian, it sure is a fine dstro, super stability and reliable.:( Bruno

EU has very good reason to back open source too. I think for too long they felt invaded by MS..not to mention cost..plus with mandrake and Suse based there, they MUST also protect EC companies(which is a good thing!!)Yea the debian is very stable(and runs great on a P4) I didn't realize the package content..good thing I gave it 12 gig to play in ..hee hee is I also did my first xf86config in FreeBSD...I'm heading towards geekdom ;) in a penguin sort of way!!!

Guest LilBambi
penguins have often more brains then average politicians
Very good point there Bruno.Same thing could be said of most animals (not just penguins), but who's counting ;)Great article BTW. Enjoyed it.

They tell me Navy Chiefs are good swimmers, penguins are too . . so you could have seen it comming ! ;) :D ;) Bruno

LOL! That's to funny,,I actually spent most of my career in dark rooms with radio circuts blaring and Radar scopes not know if it was daylight or night time..But man when we hit the beach..and IF we made it pass the bars..lookout water ;)