Norfolk, VA gets snow...

ross549

I had a real laugh today on my way to work. I was driving across the causeway (a narrow strip of land) to the bridge to the island where I teach. Suddenly the lane in front of me was blocked off with cones and I had to change to the other lane. Why did they block off the lane? The answer is simple --- Island Winter Conditions Control. :happyroll:Rather than put out a little sand or salt where the spray from the sound had come up on the road and frozen, they simply put out cones to go around the lane! Saves the expense of sand (we have such a shortage here. :D :w00t: :hmm: ), salt, and thinking skills. B) Then again, back on my strip of land, as I drove past french fry alley I noticed one of the beach tourist shops had continued to run their sprinklers, turning one lane into ice. I guess it never dawned on them that if it was below zero they did not need to water the grass and the road. :lol: :