GTK+2.0 path?

Guest ThunderRiver

Guest ThunderRiver

Anyone know how to locate the generic path for GTK+? Apparently, SuSE somehow failed to register the path to the global variable, and I need it to compile packages of course :)Thanks

Are you sure it was installed with SuSE? I am new to Linux. Red Hat 9 did not install GLIB or GTK. I need both of these to compile packages also. I have DL'd them and will install them tonight. Borst

Are you sure it was installed with SuSE?  I am new to Linux.  Red Hat 9 did not install GLIB or GTK.  I need both of these to compile packages also.  I have DL'd them and will install them tonight.  Borst
GLIB and GTK packs are there on the RH cd's

If the those packages don't seem to be installed, then just reinstall them off the CD or download them. The correct packages for GTK+ would be from the GNOME Development package. As for GLIBC, it's installed when you choose Software Development. In RedHat 9 in installs glibc 2.3, but I think it also installs 2.2 and 2.1. During a Linux install, if you type "Linux expert" at the boot prompt you will be able to choose your packages with more precision.

Guest ThunderRiver

No..I just want to know the PATH...so I can set it for my environment..I don't need to reinstall..or uninstall and install.. it is already installed.. SuSE just didn't now

Anyone know how to locate the generic path for GTK+? Apparently, SuSE somehow failed to register the path to the global variable, and I need it to compile packages of course :)Thanks
Does this have any relevance:
GTK_PATH. Specifies a list of directories to search when GTK+ is looking for dynamically loaded objects such as the modules specified by GTK_MODULES, theme engines, and input method modules. If the path to the dynamically loaded object is given as an absolute path name, then GTK+ loads it directly. Otherwise, GTK+ goes in turn through the directories in GTK_PATH, followed by the directory .gtk-2.0 in the user's home directory, followed by the system default directory, which is libdir/gtk-2.0/modules. (If GTK_EXE_PREFIX is defined, libdir is $GTK_EXE_PREFIX/lib. Otherwise it is the libdir specified when GTK+ was configured, usually /usr/lib, or /usr/local/lib.) For each directory in this list, GTK+ actually looks in a subdirectory directory/version/host/type  Where version is derived from the version of GTK+ (use pkg-config --variable=gtk_binary_version gtk+-2.0 to determine this from a script), host is the architecture on which GTK+ was built. (use pkg-config --variable=gtk_host gtk+-2.0 to determine this from a script), and type is a directory specific to the type of modules; currently it can be modules, engines or immodules corresponding to the three types of modules above. Either version, host, or both may be omitted. GTK+ looks first in the most specific directory, then in directories with fewer components. The components of GTK_PATH are separated by the ':' character on Linux and Unix, and the ';' character on Windows.
Just did a quick search...hope it means something to you, 'cause it lost me. ;)

Guest LilBambi

Maybe this site will help:http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e...1-Oct/0048.html

The same for gtk+:         # cd gtk+-1.2.9 && more README INSTALL         # ./configure --prefix=/usr/local && make && make install         # ldconfig         # exec bash --login         # gtk-config --version; gtk-config --prefix         1.2.9         /usr/local         # gtk-config --libs         -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib         -lgtk -lgdk -rdynamic -lgmodule -lglib -ldl -lXext -lX11 -lm         # gtk-config --cflags         -I/usr/local/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/local/include/glib-1.2         -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
or maybe trying: [which gtk] (sans brackets) at a command line prompt.That should give the location on your computer, shouldn't it?