Ms Scripting Engine

owlman77

I keep recieving a message when I have a problem of memory freez "MS Scripting Engine may have frozen up". One what and where is the MSScripting Engine? And two is there anything that can be done to stop the freez up both of my memory (of which I have 512megabytes) and this Script Engine? I am running Windows XP ona Dell8100 with a 20 and a120 gig hard drives. Thank you owlman 77 B)

Guest ThunderRiver

Hi,You should check with your EventViewer Log and see if there is any errors, which might give us a better idea of how to help ya out.VBScript engine is built in for windows since Windows 98, and I haven't had much with it. It is meant to replace the batch file back in the time of MS-DOS, but it never made its way to be popular. Nonethelss, a lot of Microsoft fixes relies on Scripting engine for it to work. It is best advised that youd ont' turn it off. Rather, find out what the cause is.64 Mb or less is well enough to run the script engine. so to your 512 Mb, it is basically a little piece of cake.

I appericate the suggestion however after looking at the logs I am as much in the dark as before. What causes Script Engine freeze and what ca one do about it? owlman77 :angry:

Here is hoping that will cure my problem as it is most annoying to be doing something and have the system freez up and get the diaglouge box telling me script engine is locked. owlman77