.NET Framework won't install/Autocad LT 2005 probl

dalegtr18

Hi folks. I posted this under the Applications section as well, as Autocad is involved. I'm in a real bind. Long story short, it seems that after installing a few of the latest Windows Critical updates on an XP pc (NOT SP2, mind you, but some of the other updates- sorry don't have which ones handy), I was told the pc began acting a bit flaky and that Autocad wasn't working right. I tried to undo my work by doing a system restore but this only compounded the problems. As best as I can tell, I have two problems now. I am getting Fatal Execution Engine Errors that seem to point to .NET Framework being corrupted, possibly by doing the restore. I have tried manually uninstalling .NET Framework but still get a message that says it can't be installed. I found another article on how to remove it completely, along with msizap.exe. I will attempt this and pray that it works.Secondly, I cannot install Autocad LT 2005 since this happened. Sometimes I could install it and it would almost open fine but then would hang and the screen would turn white. I am guessing that the .NET framework troubles play into this. I went thru Autodesk's info on completely removed Autocad but now the install tells me it needs to reboot to finish the install and when the pc reboots it says it can't continue!I have a very frustrated client that wants a working pc by Monday morning. On top of it, their internet connection is down so I can't do any online research while I am there and have to come home do so (my notes are currently back at the office so I don't have the exact round of error messages, tho they were relatively benign and simply said to the effect "This product can't be installed." I will post back the exact errors when I come back this afternoon. Many thanks in advance!