6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   georgeg4

georgeg4

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 12:31 PM

I upgraded ( actually i uninstalled ff 0.80 and d/l /reinstalled ff 1.0 ) and now when i dl an extension it appears to d/l fine and says it will be installed when you restart firefox . but upon restart nothing happens  i tried to reboot as well but still nothing . and the only one showing in /home/firefox/extensions/installed extensions.txt is the default theme .the browser it self seems to run fine
Posted Image

MY FORUM  George's Message Board

Ubuntu 11.04 in laptop and 12.04 in desktop , Firefox 14.01

Even scholars use pencils with erasers

#2 OFFLINE   Bruno

Bruno

Le Professeur Pingouin

• Admin Emeritus
  • 37,904 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 03:09 PM

Hi GeorgeMaybe I should leave this to the FireFox experts . . . but, in my opinion you better dellete the /home/george/.mozilla/firefox directory . . . it will be rebuild as soon as you start FF again and probably solve the problems.( Also have a lok if you maybe have a /home/george/.phoenix directory . . . maybe 8.0 was still using that one . . ):hmm: Bruno

#3 OFFLINE   georgeg4

georgeg4

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 07:42 PM

i checked bruno i dont have /home/georgeg4/mozilla/firefox  directory just /home/georgeg4/firefox which has a run-mozilla.sh and a mozilla xremote-client in it . nothing else with mozilla in the title
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   tranquilo

tranquilo

Message Mogul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 08:01 PM

It should be /home/george4/.mozilla/firefox.  The .mozilla profile directory is hidden, so make sure you are viewing hidden files in your file manager.../home/george4/firefox   is the firefox application directory.  Your extensions will be installed in your profile directory.Good luck.

#5 OFFLINE   georgeg4

georgeg4

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 01:01 PM

Thanks bruno and tranquilloi found the directory thanks to tranquillo's information and actuallly i just renamed it as oldfirefox instead of deleting it outright . and as bruno said when i restarted it did in fact correct the problem with extensions . however a smaller problem occurred i lost my bookmarks .but since i kept the folder now i assume all i need do is find the bookmark folder and move it to the new /mozilla/firefox dir .
Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   Bruno

Bruno

Le Professeur Pingouin

• Admin Emeritus
  • 37,904 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 02:10 PM

Very clever to rename the directory George :D . . . . now the bookmarks . . . . Here they are:/home/george/.mozilla/firefox/default.xxx/bookmarks.html( Don't forget the dot this time :ph34r: :offtopic:  . . . and the xxx are randon caracters different on every system ;) )B) Bruno

#7 OFFLINE   georgeg4

georgeg4

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 18 November 2004 - 08:23 PM

Thanks bruno got them
Posted Image