• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,048 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:54 AM

Some of you may not know but Fran's (lilbambi) husband passed away last night at 10:30 est because of liver failure and other complications. He was a dear friend of mine as well as many, many others and was a very friendly, knowledgeable person and a general all around Linux guru.

He was a great friend of mine and I enjoyed talking to him on a daily basis. He had a great sense of humor and I could always relate to what he was saying. I want to believe that we had a bond and we cared for each other greatly.

I just wanted to let everyone know and ask that you keep Fran in your thoughts. She is having a hard time as they have been together for 28 years and they completed each other.

I normally would not ask but if anyone can, Fran is having a hard time coming up with the funds to put her dear JL to rest and she would appreciate any amount of money you could donate. I wish I had more money so I could help out as well.

For anyone with a google account, you can send money via Gmail to lilbambi@gmail.com : https://support.goog...r/3141103?hl=en

Adam has also setup a paypal donation link as well: http://jimmyleeinicu...5/funeral-fund/

Thanks so much all of you and please keep sending out warming wishes to are dear friend Fran.

Fran, please do not be mad at me for doing this but I know you are in a great time of need and devastated to lose your soul mate.

$1002.10 for the cremation and $490 for the memorial service. Plus the $50 for the doctor exam (M.E.), $12 each for 3-6 death certificates, plus $1.20/line for the obituary.

James Lee Radcliffe May 17, 1956 - December 3, 2014
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#2 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:50 AM

Posted Image
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

#3 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,048 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:45 AM

Thanks Crp!!

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#4 ONLINE   mac

mac

Topic Cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:19 AM

Fran, my thoughts and prayers are with you. But, your Jim will be in your heart and mind for the rest of your life, only his physical self has gone.
Mac
"Long ago, when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks,
it was called witchcraft. Today it's called golf." -- Will Rogers (1879-1935)

#5 OFFLINE   frapper

frapper

Topic Cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:36 AM

Posted Image

Fran, I wish there was something I could say to ease your pain. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Posted Image
Norm
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x3
USAF - '67-'71
Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:32 PM

Maori poem:-

The tide of life glides swiftly past
And mingles all in one great eddying foam.
O heaven now sleeping!Rouse thee,rise to power;
And thou ,O earth,awake,exert thy might for me
And open wide the door to my last home,
Where calm and quiet rest awaits me in the sky.

Very sorry for your loss. May your staff and shield support and protect you in the coming weeks .
Linux counter no . 393441

#7 OFFLINE   Corrine

Corrine

The Mystical Rose

• Forum Admins
  • 4,084 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:35 PM

Fran is creating this beautiful tribute for JL:  James L Radcliffe In Loving Memory…
Posted Image

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

#8 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,202 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:09 PM

A candle for Jimmy Lee.

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,513 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:09 PM

Added a picture of Jim from the day of our wedding in 2004. It is a great picture of him and he still has his 2600 hat that he has since worn out. ;)

Edited by LilBambi, 05 December 2014 - 06:10 PM.

Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#10 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,202 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

Fran, there are some folks at my board who left you some messages here --> http://ourboard2004....parker-lilbambi <-- Note: this link is only accessible if you are a member of my private board.

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton, 05 December 2014 - 06:38 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,513 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:34 AM

Thanks everyone. Thanks Eric.

I thought when my Dad passed away that it was the worst it could get (and I had Jim here supporting me).

I was wrong...
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#12 OFFLINE   goretsky

goretsky

Forum Fiend

• Forum Moderators
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:56 AM

Rest in peace.
Dexter is a good dog.

Aryeh Goretsky
Microsoft MVP (Windows - IT Pro)

FacebookGoogle+personal blogpersonal websiteTwitter

#13 OFFLINE   Webb

Webb

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:35 PM

I'm very saddened to hear of your loss, Fran.
The 9000 series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error. - HAL-9000

You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I don't understand what's gone wrong with it.  - George Hanson, 1969

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Posted Image
Jim

#14 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:12 PM

The photo slideshow on JL's memorial website is lovely, Fran.  Great memories you're sharing there.
Registered Linux User 344759

#15 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,513 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:37 PM

Thank you all!! All your wishes, condolences, supportive thoughts and prayers have helped tremendouly.

Here is some great and amazing news!

Praise God and the power of friendship. Many people helping made this happen.

Even if you don't believe, what I am gonna tell you is amazing.

At least the cremation and the memorial service are taken care of!!

Donations from friends poured in and it was basically to the dollar what I needed to give the funeral home $1,502 for cremation and memorial service.

There are other extraneous charges such as $50 M.E. Fee for med exam for cremation, $12/each for death certificates (they said likely need at least 3-6 of them at first), and of course some flowers and $1.20/line for the Obit.

So there are other things but... With those two items taken care of and coming in, and will be here in my account by Monday or Tues, Jeffrey at Nelson's Funeral Home said for me to call the Hospital and let them know that Nelson's has taken over Jim's care from here.

Also I have an appointment with Jeffrey at 10:00am tomorrow for taking care of arrangements even though he does not even have the money in hand yet. That was sweet I thought.

Thanks to all who helped in all ways during this devastating time.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 05:49 PM

Donations from friends poured in and it was basically to the dollar what I needed to give the funeral home $1,502 for cremation and memorial service.
I'm so relieved to hear that, Fran.  I just took a break from house cleaning (ugh) on a gray, rainy day and read your news--it brightened my day.

#17 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,513 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:39 PM

Please keep those positive thoughts and prayers coming.

The unbidden feelings of loss hit like a freight train so frequently -- they bring on panic attacks and crying and wailing that feels like they will never stop.

Awesome Elizabeth!

Did you see I made it much easier to post on JimRadcliffe.com?
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,714 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

Did you see I made it much easier to post on JimRadcliffe.com?
I did see, and I posted there earlier today. :flowers:

#19 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,513 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:37 PM

I saw that in my email earlier. Thanks for your thoughts Elizabeth.

So much more to do on the site but after the funeral stuff today, I am totally spent. Need rest I guess.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#20 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,395 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:48 PM

I know that's what people say-- you'll get over it. I'd say it, too. But I know it's not true. Oh, you'll be happy again, never fear. But you won't forget.
~ Betty Smith, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

:breakfast:
Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#21 OFFLINE   Jeber

Jeber

Still Version 1.0 beta

• Forum Moderators
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 10:04 PM

My deepest condolences to you, Fran. While none of us are immortal we do live on in the memories of our friends and loved ones. May you find peace in the memories of your years together.

He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher, an idiot¯
(Douglas Adams)

Jeber Central
Jeber's Journal

#22 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,513 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:01 PM

Thank you so much Erik and Jack. Those thoughts mean so much. :hug:
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#23 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,048 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:30 AM

Darn. I tried to respond to the Firesign post but it seems like the server is down:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,048 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:25 AM

Thanks for fixing it Fran

#25 OFFLINE   raymac46

raymac46

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:38 AM

Fran my deepest condolences and prayer are with you at this time.
Posted Image

Registered Linux User 445659

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users