Now that we have upgraded to the newest and spiffiest version of IP.Board forum software, you can now once again change your own Avatar in your Profile.
Go to your Profile. In the upper Right corner choose Edit Profile. Click on the current avatar picture, and the box above will open.
Make your choice from the list of places you can snag an image and it will upload it, and it will dynamically make the sizes needed for the various Profile avatar locations.
There are some limitations on Avatars as noted below from the Forum Rules:
10. Avatars (uploaded only) are allowed, but limited to the following conditions:
- Type: .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, .png
- File size: 50 KB max
- Dimensions: 100w x 100h max
- Dynamic images are NOT allowed as per Rule # 9
- Compliance with all other set forum rules.
Also, note, if you do choose an animated gif file for your avatar, the smaller versions in different places on the forums will not be animated, only the full size versions on posts and in profiles.