• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,706 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition - Free antivirus that works simply and beautifully

As Apple products grow in popularity, they're increasingly attractive targets to the bad guys. Just check out the short history of Mac malware 1982-2011 to see what the hackers are up to.
New Version 8 now available! Even more full-featured with scheduled scanning, Live Anti-Virus and a new look and feel. If you're an existing user, you don't need to do anything—you'll be updated automatically.
Download now
Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac Home Edition

That's one free one, and of course there is the Free VirusBarrier (non realtime scanning) available in the Mac AppStore as well as the full blown VirusBarrier for what is it $69? And there is the ClamXav for free as well (also non realtime scanning.

I would have listed Symantec but I am seeing too many issues with Lion and Snow Leopard right now.

Any others?
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#2 OFFLINE   Jeber

Jeber

Still Version 1.0 beta

• Forum Moderators
  • 4,624 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

MacKeeper has a built-in AV application but I'm not sure how robust it is, or how up-to-date it's kept. So I still prefer Sophos. It's kept my Mac free of viruses so far.

He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher, an idiotĚ
(Douglas Adams)

Jeber Central
Jeber's Journal

#3 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,706 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

How long have you been using Sophos? Are you using the free home version? Do you use the realtime protection or turn that off and just scan on demand?

Is it hoggy? How much RAM on your Mac? Are you running Lion, Snow Leopard?

Gee whiz woman! You don't want much info do ya?!

o:)
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: apple, mac, macos, antivirus, security

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users