securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 16,349 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

Thanks a lot Fran :thumbsup:
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/Archlinux G+/Configs/PGP Key π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#27 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,708 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

frapper, it's not just us that has noticed this:

spell check not working with new version of invision power board

When editing or using the most recent version of Invision Power Board bulletin board software, the Firefox spell checker does not function.

One response said to right click and make sure check spelling is clicked, and the response was, yes, and it works everywhere but on IP.Board forums.

I checked that too, and Check spelling is clicked on my right click menu as well. I tried unclicking it checking if it was doing or not doing spell checking and it was the same. Reclicked it and it stayed the same.

Hopefully either IPS/IP.Board will correct this or Firefox will figure out what's going on with it.

We are not alone... not that knowing we are not alone really helps ...

Wait! Might have a solution!

http://discussion.ev...fox-spellcheck/

Will try it and see if it helps.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#28 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,708 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

Yes, it's fixed!!!!

That's it!!!

Thank you JMichael, Evernote Mac user!

How to Fix Firefox Spellcheck

Here's the quote:

orum Users:

Ever since AVSIM (*and many other sites who use IPBoard) switched to this new version of the forum software, I had lost the squiggly red-underline spellchecking feature which Firefox has so faithfully provided. Other browsers seemingly had no issues, but something went bad for Firefox users after IPBoard got updated.

Here's a fix which worked for me, and might work for you if you have the same issue.
  • Start by opening any forum, and either "Start A New Topic" or "Reply to an Existing Topic" as if you wished to actually post.
  • Type any word in the body of your message... preferably a misspelled word. Posted Image
  • RIGHT CLICK on that word, and from the popup menu select the "Languages >" flyout at the bottom.
  • Select the language you wish to use - probably English.
Confirm your selection by right clicking on a word again, going to the Language menu, and verify that there is now a bullet/dot next to the language you selected. A bullet/dot means that dictionary language is selected.

Voila!

If all went according to plan, you should now have browser-based spell checking back in service for these text boxes.

NOTE: This seems to be a site-by-site adjustment. I made this adjustment here on AVSIM and it has survived browser shutdowns and reloads, as well as new post, edits, and replies, but it does NOT apply itself to other websites using IPBoard. It would appear that you will have to make this quick adjustment at all IPBoard sites you may frequent, as it is not persistent across sites.

Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#29 ONLINE   zlim

zlim

It's me, plodr

• Forum MVP
  • 6,444 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

tasting tisting
yup I see a squiggly line What I really wanted was the word testing! Since tasting is not misspelled but not the word I wanted, it acted properly.
Thanks Fran! :clap:
Liz
Registered Linux User # 401459
Posted Image

#30 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,708 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

Thanks Liz! I was very excited to see it working again myself!

Ah, you want grammar tester like in Word, eh? What can I say ... likely don't hold your breath ... I would be VERY surprised, pleasantly mind you, but VERY surprised if that gets added!

I am just very happy to have my spell checker back too!!! :bounce:
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#31 OFFLINE   frapper

frapper

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

Thanks for the fixx, Frrann  :ermm:

Works for me.
Posted Image
Norm
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x3
USAF - '67-'71
Posted Image

#32 OFFLINE   Corrine

Corrine

The Mystical Rose

• Forum Admins
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

Lots of neu things . . .

Strange.  I didn't have to right-click.  Mistyping new as neu gave me the squiggly line.  Perhaps because I've already posted on IPB boards with this release.  :unsure:
Posted Image

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

#33 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 16,349 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

Nice find Fran :thumbup:
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/Archlinux G+/Configs/PGP Key π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#34 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,708 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Thanks! :thumbup:

Ah, still works to do it manually on the Emoticons. Yea! :yes:
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#35 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum MVP
  • 19,096 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

Oh, goudy! My speel chicker works again! :)

#36 OFFLINE   Peachy

Peachy

Anarquista De Sartorial

• Forum Moderators
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

One feature missing that I liked from the order software was the "Most Recent Postings" link that listed the latest postings by date, week, etc. Any way to turn that back on or was it removed from the feature set?

'freedom...is actually the reason that men live together in political organisations at all. Without it, political life as such would be meaningless. The raison d'Être of politics is freedom, and its field of experience is action'.
My Flickr Photo Blog Posted Image
del.icio.us bookmarks Posted Image

#37 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,708 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

Might want to check the Portal link in the top navigation. I did a posting about it in the new sub forum Tips and Tricks in Forum Feedback here: Portal link and Show Recent Posts

It's as close as I could get to it. I too loved that feature!

:thumbup:

They don't have anything that really gives us back that old feature in it's entirety.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#38 OFFLINE   Peachy

Peachy

Anarquista De Sartorial

• Forum Moderators
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

Well, what you have gotten back on the right sidebar is a start. Thanks. :shifty:

'freedom...is actually the reason that men live together in political organisations at all. Without it, political life as such would be meaningless. The raison d'Être of politics is freedom, and its field of experience is action'.
My Flickr Photo Blog Posted Image
del.icio.us bookmarks Posted Image

#39 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,708 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

Also, click on the View New Content link up by the Quick Navigation icon and the paintbrush icon for changing your theme colors if you are using the IPB Ultimate theme (can be changed bottom right of the pages).
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#40 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,708 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

BTW: Recent Topics on the main page is only NEW topics. If you want replies to existing and new topics, click the Portal link in the top navigation to see Recently Added Posts as well as new topics (Latest Discussions) all on one page.

Edited by LilBambi, 16 April 2012 - 09:14 AM.

Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#41 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

Darn and drat now that the size has changed for avatars I'll have to hunt up some smaller pics and gifs. :rolleyes:

Good work on the upgrade though :D
Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#42 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum MVP
  • 19,096 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

OK, your "come hither" finger is officially CREEPY! ;)

Posted Image

#43 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,708 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

That is creepy :hysterical: But I bet we can get used to it.

Wait a minute...it's not creepy at all. :happyrollsick:

It's all in how you look at it. :yes:

It's "THING" with a liquid metal glove! :hysterical:
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#44 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum MVP
  • 19,096 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

You mean the T2 liquid metal Terminator?

Posted Image

#45 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,708 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Well, liquid metal like that but more like Addam's Family's Thing dipped in liquid metal:

Posted Image
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#46 OFFLINE   mhbell

mhbell

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

I like the new look. I see my Avatar is gone and I hope that stylish will work I use it to change the look of the forum with soft tan and brown tones to make it easy on these old eyes. If the underlying css HTML and php is vastly different it probably won't work. Guess I will find out. Maybe the new colors will have the color that I like. Something smooth that don't jump out at you. o:)
Registered Linux User #239772
Open Suse 12.1 Gnome, Xfce, Cairo Dock, Cinnimon
Windows 7, Windows 8 Beta
Blogger: http://melpctec.blogspot.com/

#47 OFFLINE   Webb

Webb

Topic Cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

This is the css that I use.  It's pretty good but not perfect.  It doesn't change any of the colors.

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
@-moz-document url-prefix(http://www.theeldergeek.com/forum/),
url-prefix(http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/){
#header_bar,#branding,.active a
{background-image:none !important;
background:rgb(32,54,102) !important}
.submit_input.clickable
{background-color:rgb(32,54,102) !important}
#header_bar
{margin-bottom:-30px !important}
#search
{margin-right:15px !important;
margin-top:0 !important}
.breadcrumb.top{margin-bottom:0 !important}
#content,.main_width{width:97% !important}
.ipsBox_withphoto
{margin-left:0 !important}
.ipsType_pagetitle{font-size:18px !important}
.ipsType_pagetitle,.ipsType_pagedesc
{display:inline !important}
.breadcrumb a,#secondary_navigation LI,
.ipsType_pagedesc,.expandable a,.desc,.post,
.ft,.fc,.signature
{color:black !important}
.ipsType_pagetitle,.ipsTag{margin-left:10px !important}
.ipsBox_withphoto .blend_links{margin-left:70px !important}
.post,.quote
{font-size:16px !important}
H4 a{font-weight:bold !important}
#secondary_navigation+BR,
.ipsLikeBar,.shareButtons,
.ipsUserPhotoLink.left,
.hide_signature
{display:none !important}}

A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Posted Image
Jim

#48 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,708 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

Hi Mel! Great! Glad you like the new look. Sorry about losing your Avatar. Nearly everyone did. The software only supports uploaded avatars now because of the dynamic resizing they do for the various sizes of our avatars that are needed in the new upgraded software.

BTW: You can have whatever color you like for the forums now!

You can choose whatever color scheme you like if you change your theme by following the instructions in the Change Your Theme and Colors topic over in the new Tips and Tricks subforum.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#49 OFFLINE   Webb

Webb

Topic Cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

Broken -

General Account Settings

* Check for Real Life Form

Type this NUMBER and letter exactly as they appear: 0K (no letters appear)

---------------------------------------

* Check for Real Life Form: Cannot be left blank
A bad day at golf is better than a good day at work.

Posted Image
Jim

#50 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum MVP
  • 19,096 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

View PostWebb, on 23 April 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

Broken -

General Account Settings

* Check for Real Life Form

Type this NUMBER and letter exactly as they appear: 0K (no letters appear)

---------------------------------------

* Check for Real Life Form: Cannot be left blank

I don't think you need to worry 'bout that, Jim. We're pretty sure you are a real lifeform. That ol' thing didn't work on the old board software either. ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: upgrade, forum, ipb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users