Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

wow.  a minor miracle - no one died!
http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/va...ary-plane-crash

anyone in virginia beach?  

it will be interesting to see what the investigation concludes about why the aircraft went down.
Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

ichase lives in Virginia Beach, I think. BarryB lives in Norfolk, I thought, as well. I live about 30 mins away from where the crash took place.

No one was killed, thank God.

Adam
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 16,646 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

Speaking of: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/rznb..._yesterday_ama/
http://articles.cnn.com/2012-04-06/us/us_v...t-fuel?_s=PM:US
Hi my name is Devin and I'm 21 years old. I can't even begin to wrap my mind around what has happened. Who thinks they're gonna wake up one morning then have their house destroyed by a jet?? My brother was the one who saved the pilot (Colby Smith) The amount of support I have gotten has been incredible. I decided to turn to reddit since I knew it was such a new and weird story. It's even crazier that no one died. But I guess I wanted to see how many people have had anything similar....tornado, fire, etc of their house and how did you feel? When did it get better? How was it seeing your house?
PROOF: here's the video of my brother smile.gif http://www.wvec.com/video?id=146455025&sec=577832 (he's such a story teller hahaha)
and then a picture of the two of us! http://imgur.com/DlOCJ
EDIT: I know this should be in AMA but I wasn't thinking straight.
EDIT AGAIN: this is me > http://imgur.com/i6YH3 and people keep asking for my pay-pal. you don't need to help but it really does mean a lot...it's through devinmsmith@verizon.net
AND ANOTHER EDIT: this is/was my apartment/home http://imgur.com/UtTsu I circled it.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#4 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,823 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Was amazing about no known loss of life. Only 3 known unaccounted for when the article was written.

Good article on it. Three pages...

Those folks will be trying to pull their lives together again for some time I would think, but I guess it could be much worse...

That was a wise move going to Reddit like that. Reddit has helped many who have been through really hard times like these folks from those 5 buildings.

Hope all will be well for them real soon...
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#5 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 16,646 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (LilBambi @ Apr 8 2012, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was amazing about no known loss of life. Only 3 known unaccounted for when the article was written.

Good article on it. Three pages...

Those folks will be trying to pull their lives together again for some time I would think, but I guess it could be much worse...

That was a wise move going to Reddit like that. Reddit has helped many who have been through really hard times like these folks from those 5 buildings.

Hope all will be well for them real soon...

thumbsup.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#6 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,823 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

After Virginia Beach Crash, the Military Family Felt it Personally - HuffingtonPost

If you were anywhere near a TV on Good Friday, you know that an F-18D crashed into an apartment complex after a massive malfunction. The jet was seen by many in the Virginia Beach area before it hit the 40 homes later deemed destroyed. Some say it is a miracle no one was killed.

My husband flies F-18s. The second I was told of the crash, not knowing where it landed, many thoughts ran through my head simultaneously: "I'm glad it wasn't MY husband," "Did I just think that? It was probably SOMEone's husband!," "It easily could happen to mine," "Did we know the pilots?," "Should I start calling my fellow military spouses in Oceana?"

Good article...
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#7 OFFLINE   ichase

ichase

Chasing the Penguin

• Forum MVP
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:10 AM

I live 2 miles by way the crow flies to the crash site.  Now I am not a very religous person but I do believe that miracles happen.  This jet crashed in the court yard of an apartment complex allowing time for anyone to get out.  No loss of life, crash occurred on Good Friday close to Noon.  I feel that a miracle occured that day and devine intervention was most definitely in play.

Just my opinion.  ;)
Ian Chase

Try Parted Magic The must have tool for any linux user's tool box.  (Contains Gparted, wifi support, Clonezilla, SuperGrubDisk/2, plop bootloader and more!!!)
CNI Radio

"I'm in repair.............I'm not together, but I'm getting there"
- John Mayer

Registered Linux User:  526317 10/22/2010
  Posted Image  Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:52 PM

I agree. :) Someone was watching out for those folks.....

Adam
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:06 PM

i was visiting camp pendleton (san diego, ca...) when an a-4 landed in a warehouse district *near el toro (kinda by los angeles)

the pilot got it close to the ground before ejecting, so it would "land" gracefully on its belly.
it slid for a thousand feet, staying on the pavement between 2 warehouses.

the miracle there, you ask?
it was lunch time and the roach-coach was 1/2 an hour late!
(i.e. the usual crowd of 200 was not there!)

Edited by Temmu, 23 May 2012 - 03:07 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users