4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 11,424 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

greets!

for iphone, android, blackberry, win phone - do you have to enable remote wipe on the phone first, or can it simply be done remotely, by your work's mail admin?

tia!
Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 11,424 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

yes, the mail-server admin can indeed remote-wipe your phone w/o any prior action on your part.

http://wiki.nuevasync.com/wiki/bin/view/Public/remoteWipe

just ignore the product-specific info (most of the article is great & generic)

ps
here's another concise, great article:  http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2010/11/work-...-remote-wiping/

Edited by Temmu, 02 April 2012 - 11:31 AM.

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,078 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

Well I know on Android that remote wiping is not a function built into the device. You can wipe it locally but not remotely unless you install a specific app for that function.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/Archlinux G+/Configs/PGP Key π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#4 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum Admins
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

For iOS, you can enable the remote wipe capability, but I am not sure it is enabled by default. It is part of the iCloud functionality.

You can also remote lock or display a message on the device.

I think I remember that the Echange data can be wiped from the iPhone using the Exchange functionality, but would only apply to that specific data.

Adam
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 11,424 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

me thinks that ms exchange server has "stuff" built in to make it happen... perhaps i'm wrong... wink.gif
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users