2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 11,486 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:56 PM

poor saints!

the nfl sanctioned their head coach for a year starting april fools day!

and... 27 of their players, who may or may not be part of the, um, team (so to speak) this year.

because, what now?  they hit players?  i thot that was footsball, anyway.
Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   FuzzButt

FuzzButt

Topic Cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

Effective April 1 Sean Payton is suspended  for the 2012 season. Payton said that, as head coach, he should take full responsibility for an operation which the NFL says offered improper cash bonuses for blows that either knocked targeted star players out of the game or left them needing help off the field. The league also slapped an eight-game suspension on general manager Mickey Loomis and a six-game suspension on assistant head coach Joe Vitt, who also coaches linebackers. Former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, who left the Saints after last season to join the St. Louis Rams, ran the bounty program and has been suspended indefinitely. Goodell also fined the Saints $500,000 and took away second-round draft choices in 2012 and 2013. The NFL has said punishment for players who participated in the bounty program will come later, meaning the Saints could potentially see some defensive regulars suspended as well. The league has said between 22 and 27 players participated in the program.

Ya this is football but rewarding guys who dish out game ending hits isn't sportsmanship.

Western slope La Salle Mtns, Utah Taken May 16, 2004 by Me.

#3 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 11,486 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

i have inside information that the saints will loose all there existing defense,
(which will be replaced by retired dallas cowboys)
but go on to win the super bowl - yes! - in the super dome (their home field.)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users