8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cybormoron

cybormoron

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

OK, I don't think Linus is reading my Google Plus stream nor was he actually quoting me but this did raise my eyebrows when I read it. I commented about having a "heatwave in Michigan" a few days ago and searching that phrase reveals only Michigan news sources for that phrase. So where did he get that phrase?. I'm sure he's reading other news sources but you never can tell, right?

Anyways, it snowed where he is and apparently he doesn't like it, lol. What? A Finn complaining about snow? That is funny.  hysterical.gif

here's the post

here's the pic of his patio furniture all covered with snow, lol.

Luv ya, Linus and watch out for more snow.  hysterical.gif
steve
I'm a pc, running GNU/Linux.

#2 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,385 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:11 PM

Wow and we have been having a real 'heat wave' ... Spring has sprung and we have had 60s overnight and 70s-80s during the day and rain/thunderstorms off and on with beautiful sunshine here in Virginia.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#3 OFFLINE   cybormoron

cybormoron

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

should heatwave (heat wave) be one or two words? Where's a grammar cop when you need one?  hysterical.gif

edit by me:
I thought penguins loved snow.  hysterical.gif

Edited by cybormoron, 22 March 2012 - 06:37 PM.

steve
I'm a pc, running GNU/Linux.

#4 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,385 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

LOL!

Well as for heat wave/heatwave, it would depend on whether you were referring to a heat wave or the band Heatwave ...

happy62.gif
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#5 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Board Bigwig

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

Your winter got stuck on its way over to you and wrecking the Pacific NorthWest's usual weather sad.gif

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

#6 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,661 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (cybormoron @ Mar 22 2012, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyways, it snowed where he is and apparently he doesn't like it, lol. What? A Finn complaining about snow? That is funny.  hysterical.gif

Well he does live in Portland, WA OR and has lived in the US for a over a decade. He became a US citizen in 2010.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/Archlinux G+/Configs/PGP Key π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#7 ONLINE   sunrat

sunrat

Discussion Deity

• Forum Moderators
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:12 AM

QUOTE (securitybreach @ Mar 23 2012, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well he does live in Portland, WA ...

Last I heard, Portland is in Oregon. But then I guess you come from Dixie!  laugh.gif

registered Linux user number 324659  || The importance of Reading The *Fine* Manual! :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image MX-14
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.

#8 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,661 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (sunrat @ Mar 23 2012, 05:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last I heard, Portland is in Oregon. But then I guess you come from Dixie!  laugh.gif

Fixed.... I was a tad tipsy last night when I wrote that

Nice catch  thumbsup.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/Archlinux G+/Configs/PGP Key π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#9 OFFLINE   ichase

ichase

Chasing the Penguin

• Forum MVP
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

I can speak for those of us in Virginia that I think we skipped Winter.  Went from Fall to Spring.  And just think.  Last "WINTER" we had 18 inches of snow on the ground Christmas day 2010 in Virginia Beach.

I personally think that Linus does read your google + stream Steve.  He should have given credit to the author.  hysterical.gif

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!
Ian Chase

Try Parted Magic The must have tool for any linux user's tool box.  (Contains Gparted, wifi support, Clonezilla, SuperGrubDisk/2, plop bootloader and more!!!)
CNI Radio

"I'm in repair.............I'm not together, but I'm getting there"
- John Mayer

Registered Linux User:  526317 10/22/2010
  Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users