• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 16,422 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

I just received my Zenithink ZT280 C71 which is the tablet that will be used in the upcoming KDE Spark Tablet. I understand that it does not have as high of specs as my Touchpad but it is a great pocket device and once Spark is released, I will have a fully supported Linux OS on the tablet. Not a bad tablet for $120.

http://www.thepowerbase.com/2012/03/get-a-...blet-right-now/
http://www.zenithink-zepad.com/zenithink-c...pc-4gb-red.html
  • 7" Capacitive Screen
  • Android 4.0.3
  • CORTEX A9 1GHz
  • 512MB DDR
  • 4GB (installed a 16gb microsd class 10)
  • 1*USB 2.0 Host port
  • 1*USB 2.0 OTG port
  • 1*HDMI output
  • 1*TF card slot

A review will be available soon as I am still setting it up and customizing the device.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/Archlinux G+/Configs/PGP Key π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#2 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,767 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

Not bad for a $100 tablet! thumbsup.gif
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#3 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 16,422 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (LilBambi @ Mar 21 2012, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not bad for a $100 tablet! thumbsup.gif

Agreed thumbup.gif

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#4 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 16,422 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

I actually just sold it to a coworker for $170 $175. I could not resist the offer, oh well.

I may buy another one or wait on something better. I was not too impressed by the tablet besides the price. I do have my Touchpad though and I would not sell it for $300 cool.gif

#5 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,767 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

Good trade thumbsup.gif
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#6 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 16,422 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (LilBambi @ Mar 21 2012, 02:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great movie  thumbsup.gif

#7 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 16,422 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

That and Zenithink lied on the specs. The device is 800mhz, not the advertised 1ghz. thumbdown.gif

#8 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,767 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

Wow, was supposed to be 1ghz and sent you 800mhz? That stinks!

Yes, I agree. Love that movie.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   lewmur

lewmur

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (LilBambi @ Mar 21 2012, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, was supposed to be 1ghz and sent you 800mhz? That stinks!

Yes, I agree. Love that movie.

All of the Chinese manufacturers do the same thing.  It is an ARM CPU rated for 1ghz but they clock it at 800mhz because it increases the battery life significantly.  There are dozens of Android tablets covered in the XDA Developers forums and the vast majority of them use this same chipset and clock it a 800mhz.  And, yes, they all advertise it as "a 1ghz CPU".  One of the first things techies who buy them do is to flash new ROMs that have CPU clock regulating software to speed up the clock under heavy usage and slow it down under lighter usage.

Edited by lewmur, 21 March 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#10 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 16,422 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

I understand that as I have installed multiple roms and overclock all my devices.  The problem was there was hardly any development and the highest you could clock it was 900Mhz with a custom kernel. There were not any roms available either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users