• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 16,400 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:44 PM

Who doesn’t like free stuff? We put together a selection of free Linux e-books that you can read, in many cases download, and use as references, or simply to learn something. The topics range from advanced programming to Java, from GNU to Emacs, from device drivers to the kernel, and much, much more. You don’t have to pay anything to take part of the wealth of knowledge and information available in these e-books....

http://royal.pingdom.com/2012/02/24/10-free-linux-e-books/
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/Archlinux G+/Configs/PGP Key π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#2 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum MVP
  • 19,115 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

COOL! smile.gif

Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum MVP
  • 19,115 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

Just downloaded The Linux Command Line... GOOD stuff! smile.gif

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 16,400 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (V.T. Eric Layton @ Mar 14 2012, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just downloaded The Linux Command Line... GOOD stuff! smile.gif

thumbsup.gif

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#5 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Board Bigwig

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

the whole site, pingdom , looks good. We already use binarycanary but
if pingdom keeps the content to this quality I just might find something else to monitor smile.gif
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

#6 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 16,400 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (crp @ Mar 14 2012, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the whole site, pingdom , looks good. We already use binarycanary but
if pingdom keeps the content to this quality I just might find something else to monitor smile.gif

thumbsup.gif

#7 OFFLINE   amenditman

amenditman

Posting Prodigy

• Forum MVP
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

Added to my reading list. Pretty soon I won't have time for anything but the reading list. hysterical.gif

Tweak it 'til it breaks, then learn how to fix it.

L.I.F.E. (Linux Is For Everyone)

Registered Linux User # 474004 (06/16/2008)

REGLUE

Recycled Electronics and Gnu/Linux Used for Education

Reglue, in a nutshell, gives free Linux computers to under privileged children and their families.

www.reglue.org

#8 OFFLINE   réjean

réjean

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 4,330 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

Thanks Josh! I downloaded the "Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference". It looks interesting.
registered linux user #374889

#9 OFFLINE   zlim

zlim

It's me, plodr

• Forum MVP
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

Thanks Josh.
Liz
Registered Linux User # 401459
Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 16,400 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

No problem all, glad I ran across it. One of the users in my Linux circle on Google+ shared that link late last night.

#11 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 11,969 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

thx, securitybreach!

got the java programming book as am plowing through the "head first java" book now... sigh...

laugh.gif lol - as i'm not a programmer, it's rough!  will start the other book too, perhaps between them, i may get somewhere.
Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 16,400 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

Sounds good Temmu thumbsup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users