Archlinux is 10 years old today

securitybreach

securitybreach

Some more info:

Happy Birthday Arch Linux!

Ten years ago Judd Vinet released the first public version of Arch Linux. Allan, Pierre, Ionuț and Andrea has already post their Arch Linux history. Inspired by them I will try to tell my history, as far as I can remember it.

I can't really member the exact time when I switched to Arch Linux. I can remember that Andreas (andyrtr) first told me about Arch, we were working together for the Mandriva user community and provided packages which wasn't in the official repositories. Then Andreas switched to Arch64 and after some time I followed him to support Arch64 and I'm starting to rebuild packages for the Arch64 repository. After the Arch64 project was getting official to be integrated as a supported architecture, I didn't start as a maintainer from the start. Some weeks or month later (I can't remember) Andreas supported me to become an official Arch Linux developer for the x86_64 architecture. That was my beginning in the Arch Linux developer team.

I have only some few time stamps, which I can really proof:

2005-10-06 Registered at Arch Linux Forum

2006-09-26 First assigned bug (FS#5451 - userui hook doesn't honour FBRES)

2006-11-19 Access to the Arch Linux developer mailing list

2007-08-26 First meetup of some developers at FrOSCon.

2009-08-26 We met again at FrOSCon.

Now I'm the Mono maintainer of Arch Linux, I have also some other packages, but the most packages has something to do with Mono.

I'm really proud to be part of this great community. Keep rolling Arch Linux!

http://planet.archlinux.org/

And some more history with links: https://pierre-schmitz.com/arch-before-it-was-cool/

I invoke Universal Celebrations!!! :thumbsup:

I agree with amenditman. I go one further to request a world holiday that will always fall on the 2nd Monday of March where all people will come together regardless of religous or political views and unite in celebration of Arch Linux. Maybe that is going a little far huh? Come on.........I'm an Arch Linux Fan!!!!!!!!!!! :)

"Ian.....Get to work" "Ahhhhhh no.....Sorry boss......It's Arch day. I don't work on Arch day....And neither should you." :hysterical:

securitybreach
"Ian.....Get to work" "Ahhhhhh no.....Sorry boss......It's Arch day. I don't work on Arch day....And neither should you." :hysterical:

:hysterical: :hysterical: B)