No replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,133 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

This sounds interesting:

For the past few months Iíve been implementing an X11 server to run natively under Android. In the near future I may have need for a serializable user interface, so to get a better understanding of how they work I decided to implement the de facto standard, X11.

Well, it turns out the X protocol is bigger than I thought, but through sheer bloody-mindedness I got it finished. And it might actually be useful.

I had assumed that all internet-enabled smartphones would be sitting behind NAT-ing routers, both for security reasons and to conserve IPv4 addresses. But no, on the ď3″ network in Australia at least, phones all have externally-accessible IP addresses, meaning they can run servers. So you could potentially launch a Linux X application out in the cloud and have it display on your phone.......

http://my20percent.wordpress.com/2012/02/2...droid-x-server/
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/Archlinux G+/Configs/PGP Key π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users