Breaking news -- Dirk deserts the Tiki Lounge !!!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

Dirk to become TV star.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressrele...h/31/dirk.shtml

It is on the BBC so it must be true.

Anti-hero Dirk gently operates his eponymous detective agency based on the fundamental interconnectedness of all things. Perpetually broke, hopelessly chaotic and utterly infuriating, most people suspect Dirk is nothing more than a cheap conman. And they might be right but nevertheless his methods, though unusual, do often produce surprising results.

'old on though. Is it the same Dirk ????

ohmy.gif
Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Cluttermagnet

Cluttermagnet

Nocturnal Radio Geek

• Forum MVP
  • 3,366 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:36 PM

It's a case of mistaken identify, Constable. Mistaken identity, I tell you. I'm innocent! hysterical.gif
Special Limited Edition Cluttermaster 2007 with direct air cooling system.
"ClutterLabs" --open hardware for open software" .......... Registered Linux User 446867

("It takes an entire village to raise a child...")
"It takes only one bulldozer to raze an entire village..."
"Hey, Mel- isn't that your kid driving that bulldozer?"

In loving memory of Bruno Knaapen of Amsterdam, who shared
his love of Linux, and thereby made the world a better place...

#3 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 20,817 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

We love to hear more of Dirk Clutter! Am missing my at least weekly fix of Dirk's adventures...

:th_hello-smiley:

:blissysmile:
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#4 OFFLINE   Cluttermagnet

Cluttermagnet

Nocturnal Radio Geek

• Forum MVP
  • 3,366 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

Oh, he wanders off from time to time, sort of like Tiny Doctor Tim (Firesign Theatre reference for Fran). :lol:
I suspect he'll be back shortly, and bursting to record a short but sincere message for all 2 or 3 of his followers... :happyroll:
:th_hello-smiley:
Special Limited Edition Cluttermaster 2007 with direct air cooling system.
"ClutterLabs" --open hardware for open software" .......... Registered Linux User 446867

("It takes an entire village to raise a child...")
"It takes only one bulldozer to raze an entire village..."
"Hey, Mel- isn't that your kid driving that bulldozer?"

In loving memory of Bruno Knaapen of Amsterdam, who shared
his love of Linux, and thereby made the world a better place...

#5 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 20,817 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

Hey Clutter! Great to see ya!

Can't wait for the further tales of Dirk!

Oh, and for those who would like to know a bit more about the Firesign Theatre reference, "Tiny Doctor Tim":

Waiting for the Electrician or Someone Like Him

"W. C. Fields Forever" is a plotless series of vignettes satirizing hippie culture and philosophy, through a parade of characters at a commune (referred to by a narrating character as "The 'Lazy O' Magic Circle Dudes Ranch and Collective Love Farm") who variously take drugs, eat "natural" foods, practice yoga and embrace Eastern religions. The commune's spiritual leader, "Tiny Doctor Tim", who speaks as if he is very drunk, appears to be a parody of counter culture figure Timothy Leary. The title was inspired by the American comedic actor W. C. Fields and the Beatles song "Strawberry Fields Forever".

Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users