954 Tux Avatars

securitybreach

Ooooh goooody goody gum drops. There are a few there I do not have. Once I have me windowmaker knocked into shape me next project is to tux all me tiles :teehee:

V.T. Eric Layton

AHA! I had a site for these bookmarked a couple years ago, but it deadlinked on me the last time I was hunting for a tux for my blog. Thanks, J. You da' man! :)

Downloaded it. Not sure what I will do with them. Maybe change my avatar. I bet nobody has thought about that. Wait. What? :fish:

Thanks josh!

securitybreach

Glad everyone enjoys them as I did :thumbsup:

Eric, http://www.box.com/ is a great service. I first started using Box when I bought my HP Touchpad as it came with 50gb for free. The service is pretty cool and the API is open so there are clients on most distros.

You all probably know how to resize the Tux pics here is how I did it with Image Magick.

Cd to Tux pics directory then

$ mogrify -thumbnail 128x128! *.png

Which will resize to exactly 128x128 stretching pics if needed.

or you can,

$ mogrify -thumbnail 128x128 *.png

which will keep the pics original ratio and fit it into a 128x128 box.

I am sure there is a more elegant way to do this. You could keep the ratio and have a different coloured background for the missing bits,transfer the finished pics to a different directory, delete the original pics in the current directory etc etc, use "resize" instead of mogrify etc etc.

:whistling: