No replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 16,014 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

Fix for:
"Chrome is not supported for your version of Android. Version 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwitch) is the minimal supported version"

on custom Roms on unsupported devices , well for the HP Touchpad anyway as I have not tested it on my phone yet.
"Here is how I fixed it: Back up your build.prop, and find the line for ro.build.id and change the value to IML74K. Reboot. Enjoy new Chrome update.
I haven't found that the change breaks anything."

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=13

To do this, I used the application rootexplorer ($3.99) to edit the file although there are a few free file managers that can edit root files. This is a great one that I normally use as my file manager anyway: ES File Explorer
Use either app to open the build.prop file which is located in /system/build.prop. With RootExplorer, when you long press on the file a window will pop open with an option to edit the file and it will also automatically backup the original file when you save the file.

Related:
UPDATE: Further reports seem to indicate that the problem isnít the ROM, but the actual device itís running on. Devices with official versions of ICS such as the Nexus S or Galaxy Nexus can run Chrome no matter what ROM they have installed, but devices which donít have an official version of ICS but are running it via a custom ROM are experiencing the following problem.

http://www.thepowerbase.com/2012/02/chrome...on-custom-roms/

The fix worked beautifully on my phone as well: HTC Inspire 4G running Android ICS Aospx(opensource version)
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/Archlinux G+/Configs/PGP Key π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users