• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rolanaj

rolanaj

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

I am using an up to date version of PCLinuxOS. When I try to put something in the trash I get an error
The trash has reached its maximum size!
Cleanup the trash manually.

When I open the trash folder it appears to be empty. I am able to delete a file but not move it to the trash. I've looked at permissions and the configure trash folder and everything seems fine. I am showing 0 bytes, 0 folders and sub folders in the trash am I missing something?
Registered Linux User #554733

#2 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,437 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

Open the Dolphin file manager logged in as the user (the one that has the problem).
Go to the /home/problemuser/.local/share/
Find and highlight (ONLY!) the Trash folder.
Press and hold SHIFT and then press DEL(ETE) key. Let go both keys.

problemuser should be replaced with the login of the user with the "Full trash" problem.

Folder has been removed. Reboot Your machine or log out and log back in. You should be able to use "Move to trash" button again.

http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=84944.0
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/Archlinux G+/Configs/PGP Key π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#3 OFFLINE   rolanaj

rolanaj

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (securitybreach @ Feb 23 2012, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks securitybreach problem solved.
Registered Linux User #554733

#4 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,437 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (rolanaj @ Feb 24 2012, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks securitybreach problem solved.

Kewl thumbup.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/Archlinux G+/Configs/PGP Key π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users