33 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,095 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (lewmur @ Feb 24 2012, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
edit:  And I also want to be able to snear at the snotty Ipad users 'cause my TP will do something their Ipad won't! devil.gif

Well you do not need a usb drive to do that, just open up your browser and view some flash videos. cool.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/Archlinux G+/Configs/PGP Key π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#27 OFFLINE   lewmur

lewmur

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

QUOTE (securitybreach @ Feb 24 2012, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well you do not need a usb drive to do that, just open up your browser and view some flash videos. cool.gif

Won't work.  They'll just quote "the great leader" and claim that "flash is dead". hysterical.gif

#28 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,095 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (lewmur @ Feb 24 2012, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Won't work.  They'll just quote "the great leader" and claim that "flash is dead". hysterical.gif

Right  whistling.gif

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#29 OFFLINE   lewmur

lewmur

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (lewmur @ Feb 24 2012, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks.  That first link gave me the "mount" command I was looking for.  Right now my "battery pack" for the external drive is being re-charged.  As soon as it finishes, I'll give it a try and let you know the results.

By George it's working!!! thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif    It gave me fits for a while because the vfat partition on my drive is the second partition so I had to change /dev/block/sda1 to sda2.  Now all we need is NTFS support. whistling.gif

#30 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,095 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

Great thumbup.gif

#31 ONLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum Admins
  • 9,108 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (securitybreach @ Feb 24 2012, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh the microsusb port?  I thought that was for charging only and transferring files?

USB is USB......  but you already discovered that. wink.gif

Won't work. They'll just quote "the great leader" and claim that "flash is dead".

I hope you don't mean Dear Leader... LOL

But isn't flash dying a great thing? I think so!

wink.gif

Adam
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#32 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,095 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (ross549 @ Feb 24 2012, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
USB is USB......  but you already discovered that. wink.gif

I hope you don't mean Dear Leader... LOL

But isn't flash dying a great thing? I think so!

wink.gif

Adam

Well I knew that you couldn't charge the Touchpad via a computer's usb connection. If I remember correctly the amps are different (something like .05 vs 2.0). I have not had a reason to use an external drive yet so I did not really think about using  a power supply to power the usb drive.

As far as flash, yes I would love for it to be replaced (on mobile and desktop) but until then, I appreciate it working when I choose to use it.

#33 ONLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum Admins
  • 9,108 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

The touchpad probably has a similar spec to the iPad with charging, and most chargers or normal USB ports can't handle it. I think it is 2 amps of curent......

The nice thing about flash going away is I run into less and less problems with flash these days. Granted, I really don't use the browser that much (apps for specific sites), so I just don't see it that often.

Adam
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#34 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,095 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

BTW there is a simple fix to play those games that says the device is not supported:
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/19284-dead-space-on-cm9/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users