• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 17,103 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

I designed a website for a pal's business. Take a looksee and let me know what you think:

http://www.myfloridarep.us

Thanks,

~Eric
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:33 PM

Neat but I am not sure about the grey background.

Personally I would never recomend a slow resource hogging application to anyone. I would go with Foxit Reader and maybe highlight or somehow include some of this,

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/...DF-Reader.shtml

It also supports text-to-speech, meaning that it can read aloud a selected page or the entire document.

Foxit Reader is a great app for PDF management, and since it comes with a free license and works on every single Windows version out there, everyone can take it for a spin and decide if it is a keeper on their PC.

Breezing-fast:
When you run Foxit Reader, it launches instantly without any delay.
You are not forced to view an annoying splash window displaying company logo, author names, etc.

Working some of the above into the "downloading the .pdf file" would work on a subliminal level. Showing that you take notice fo the fact that some folk need some extra help,That you are clued up enough to provide information to any type of os user. An that you appreciate that time is money.

Just my take on it.  thumbsup.gif
Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   frapper

frapper

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

Ditto abarbarian. Nice, brief and functional except for the Adobe referral. Is that your ex-girlfriend in the 'contact' shot?
Posted Image
Norm
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x3
USAF - '67-'71
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   zlim

zlim

It's me, plodr

• Forum MVP
  • 6,303 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

Myself and my staff
should read "My staff and I". Sorry, my husband and I are always voicing over all the misuses of me and I on tv scrips we hear. Although he is a calculus nut, he started out his college career as an English major so he can piece together good sentences.

Edited by zlim, 22 February 2012 - 10:59 AM.

Liz
Registered Linux User # 401459
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 17,103 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:22 PM

@ abarbarian... Yeah, I wouldn't normally recommend Adobe either, but this is a business website that I don't have any personal connection too, so it needs to be as mainstream as possible. Now on one of my own sites, I would definitely recommend Foxit for MS Windows users. Personally though, I use Xpdf in Linux. wink.gif

@ frapper... No, not one of my X's. All art on that site was custom created by me or is public domain clipart.

@ Liz... Ooops! As anal as I am about grammar and punctuation, I'm surprised I didn't catch that right off. It's so obvious now that I look at it. Will fix shortly. Thanks. smile.gif

#6 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 19,349 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

Yes, for business, Adobe sadly is all they generally know.

I like it Eric. Nice job. Very muted colors but I assume that was the choices by the client? Personally I think I might have wanted a slightly lighter grey and worked in a red highlight somewhere or golden orange just to give some pizazz. But I always like a third highlight color. That's just me.

How about Our Staff (and drop the I or me entirely)?

I like how you wove the background in between the sections too.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#7 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 17,103 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Actually, that site is 100% my choices/doing. The client had no idea what he wanted it to look like. I gave him a few sample pages and he decided on that particular theme. He felt (and I agree) that it looked the most professional. He's happy. That's all that matters, I s'pose. Now he wants me to fix his mom's corrupted MS Win computer.. Guess what I'll be doing with that baby the weekend! wink.gif

laugh.gif

#8 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 19,349 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

Darn right! Very much the most important part is what your client likes! biggrin.gif

Good luck on the nuke'm boot happy62.gif LOL!
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#9 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 10,932 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

eric - your nuke button seems to be showing up all over lately... has me worried a bit, but glad i live farther up the coast from you... laugh.gif
Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 17,103 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

Don't worry. I only use small localized nukes. Fallout is only an issue within 8-10 feet. wink.gif

#11 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 14,376 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (V.T. Eric Layton @ Feb 24 2012, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't worry. I only use small localized nukes. Fallout is only an issue within 8-10 feet. wink.gif

hysterical.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
Comhack.com/CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users