• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   amenditman

amenditman

Posting Prodigy

• Forum MVP
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

HP has really taken thier promise to open-source all things webOS related seriously.

Today they have released the Android kernel that was accidentally released during the TouchPad firesale.

Engadget has the story
http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/08/hp-rele...l-for-touchpad/

Great news!

Tweak it 'til it breaks, then learn how to fix it.  L.I.F.E. (Linux Is For Everyone)

Registered Linux User # 474004 (06/16/2008)

REGLUE

Recycled Electronics and Gnu/Linux Used for Education

Reglue, in a nutshell, gives free Linux computers to under privileged children and their families.

#2 ONLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,468 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

This is excellent news for Touchpad developers/users on Android and Linux as they will be able to port the source to current versions of both!!!! thumbup.gif

Maybe we will get the video acceleration and other issues fixed now that we have a full kernel source even if it is an older version.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/Archlinux G+/Configs/PGP Key π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#3 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 05:44 AM

Good to see that HP is actually supporting open source users and developers. smile.gif

Adam
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users