3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   réjean

réjean

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

Hi all!
Not sure that I am posting at the right place but here it goes.
My 1 TB hard drive died during the holidays but it was still under warranty so I just received a new one for free.
I want to create a windows partition that can be seen from my wife's computer and from Linux. Should I make it a Fat 32 or a ntfs?
P.S. Never mind I found my answer. If an admin wants to delete this thread feel free. Sorry!

Edited by réjean, 05 February 2012 - 12:17 PM.

registered linux user #374889

#2 OFFLINE   Tushman

Tushman

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (réjean @ Feb 5 2012, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all!
Not sure that I am posting at the right place but here it goes.
My 1 TB hard drive died during the holidays but it was still under warranty so I just received a new one for free.
I want to create a windows partition that can be seen from my wife's computer and from Linux. Should I make it a Fat 32 or a ntfs?
P.S. Never mind I found my answer. If an admin wants to delete this thread feel free. Sorry!

What for??  I don't the admins really delete threads here.  They can hide it from public view - but I have not known them to ever delete a thread.  You asked a simple question that's easy to answer but that is not a reason for you to apologize or ask to delete a thread.  I would think being here for over 7 years now, you would know that by now.

Edited by Tushman, 05 February 2012 - 01:42 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum MVP
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

ARRRRRRRRRRGH! WHO POSTED THIS SILLY QUESTION HERE?

WALK THE PLANK, MATEY! WE'LL TIE YE TO A YARD ARM BY YOUR NECK.

ARRRRRRRRRGH!

pirate.gif

Oh, wait... that's the reply when I'm posting in that alternate universe Scot's Forum, where the Staff are all jack-booted thugs and assorted meanies.

Carry on...  happy71.gif

P.S. NTFS is best. FAT32 has a 4G file size limit. I've actually ran head on into that limit before. I can be annoying.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 11,796 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

always install windows on ntfs.  let the os format the blank partition as it is being installed.
create a fat partition to share stuff between linux and windows, if this is the same task as in the linux thread.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users