• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Neil P

Neil P

Resident Pyromaniac

• Forum Moderators
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

This topic is a continuation of the original pinned topic of the same name, found here: http://forums.scotsn...showtopic=10170 Since there's been no new posts in that thread since 2005, however, I decided to start the thread over.Some highlights from the last thread:Feed readers:Sage, an add-on to Firefox.Feeds:Gizmodo -- Gizmodo is an online review dedicated to gadgets, gizmos, and cutting-edge consumer electronics.:( Endadget -- Engadget is a web magazine with obsessive daily coverage of everything new in gadgets and consumer electronics.;) A List Apart -- Web design news, info, and insights since 1995. CSS layout, XHTML, usability, accessibility. Designing with web standardsArs Technica -- The PC Enthusiast's ResourcePosted Image -- U.S. Consumer Product Product Safety Commission's recall RSS news feed.Posted Image -- The Food and Drug Administration's recall RSS feed.And that's about all from the last thread. Not that I copied all the ones posted there--I didn't. There are still a bunch more to see there! But I figured we can post new ones here. Syndication is almost guaranteed these days, you can probably find an RSS feed for any site you want. I'm pretty sure most/all blog software now just generates a feed automatically, unless you explicitly say not to.As for what I use, personally I just go with Google Reader, available for free at reader.google.com. It works well enough for me, and it will, I'm sure, soon integrate with G+. So, what do you all use RSS for? Which sites do you follow?

#2 OFFLINE   Neil P

Neil P

Resident Pyromaniac

• Forum Moderators
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 05:02 PM

Some of the feeds I subscribe to:BoingBoing - Technology, weird stuff, cool stuff, funny stuff...it's a grab bagDappered - Men's style advice, posts about discounts and such tooLifehacker - Kinda BoingBoing-ish, but with more focus on DIY/how-to lists and similar. News sprinkled in. Fantastic site.The Consumerist - Advice for consumers (what to do when a company screws you, etc) and other stuff too

#3 OFFLINE   Corrine

Corrine

The Mystical Rose

• Forum Admins
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:11 PM

Based on who I follow in Twitter, I depend less on RSS than I used to.   I still have some favs I track via RSS though.  A few of the Microsoft feeds I subscribed to:
Posted Image

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users