RSS Feeds

Neil P

This topic is a continuation of the original pinned topic of the same name, found here: http://forums.scotsnewsletter.com/index.php?showtopic=10170 Since there's been no new posts in that thread since 2005, however, I decided to start the thread over.Some highlights from the last thread:Feed readers:Sage, an add-on to Firefox.Feeds:Gizmodo -- Gizmodo is an online review dedicated to gadgets, gizmos, and cutting-edge consumer electronics.:( Endadget -- Engadget is a web magazine with obsessive daily coverage of everything new in gadgets and consumer electronics.;) A List Apart -- Web design news, info, and insights since 1995. CSS layout, XHTML, usability, accessibility. Designing with web standardsArs Technica -- The PC Enthusiast's Resourcerss.gif -- U.S. Consumer Product Product Safety Commission's recall RSS news feed.rss.gif -- The Food and Drug Administration's recall RSS feed.And that's about all from the last thread. Not that I copied all the ones posted there--I didn't. There are still a bunch more to see there! But I figured we can post new ones here. Syndication is almost guaranteed these days, you can probably find an RSS feed for any site you want. I'm pretty sure most/all blog software now just generates a feed automatically, unless you explicitly say not to.As for what I use, personally I just go with Google Reader, available for free at reader.google.com. It works well enough for me, and it will, I'm sure, soon integrate with G+. So, what do you all use RSS for? Which sites do you follow?

Some of the feeds I subscribe to:BoingBoing - Technology, weird stuff, cool stuff, funny stuff...it's a grab bagDappered - Men's style advice, posts about discounts and such tooLifehacker - Kinda BoingBoing-ish, but with more focus on DIY/how-to lists and similar. News sprinkled in. Fantastic site.The Consumerist - Advice for consumers (what to do when a company screws you, etc) and other stuff too

Based on who I follow in Twitter, I depend less on RSS than I used to. I still have some favs I track via RSS though. A few of the Microsoft feeds I subscribed to: