29 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,756 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:33 AM

View PostCorrine, on May 27 2011, 10:26 AM, said:

That's what I thought and wrote a quick blog post about it also. Mac Rogue Remover Tool
Excellent! :thumbsup:BTW: I changed the link in my posting for Security Garden to that specific article since you have some additional info there about it.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#27 OFFLINE   Corrine

Corrine

The Mystical Rose

• Forum Admins
  • 3,548 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:21 PM

Thanks, Fran.  My article has received a fair amount of traffic.  So, between us and here, that is more exposure to the removal guides/removal tool.What struck me about Grinler's "Intro" article was that at the time of writing, the Mac rogue removal guides already had over 100,000 views.  That is either an awful lot of interest or a greater impact on the Mac community than I expected at this point.
Posted Image

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

#28 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,756 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:07 PM

I am glad that it's getting a lot of attention. Sorry to say it didn't help with a lot of Windows users, and likely won't with a lot of Mac users either. ;)I think much of the attention is more about the novelty and by Mac users who likely wouldn't get hit anyway, but I could be wrong.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#29 OFFLINE   Corrine

Corrine

The Mystical Rose

• Forum Admins
  • 3,548 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

Ed Bott:  New Apple antivirus signatures bypassed within hours by malware authors [Update]Not to worry, Grinler has it covered!  Mac Rogue developers update Mac Guard to bypass the new Apple Security Update 2011-03
Posted Image

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

#30 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,756 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

Those updates for Apple happen about every 24 hrs. If you use Little Snitch/Apple Firewall, you will see the requests when they come in. I allow them but don't allow them forever, so I see how often they come in.Like most good antivirus programs, it should be happening more often. Polling every 2-3 hrs max and updating as needed.Apple will have to learn the hard way, like Microsoft and Antivirus/Antimalware programs in Windows had to learn -- to be more fastidious than every 24 hrs.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users