3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Vagabond

Vagabond

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 01:42 AM

As a Linux user, I don't know the Mac apps.  So when I asked a friend to use his Mac to clone some FOSS DVDs for me, I had no idea what he might use.  He ran into trouble because his app was uncompressing the FOSS and naturally could not fit it all onto a single DVD.  He has no experience with this task, so I'd like to tell him which Mac app to use.  Your suggestions will be appreciated!  TIAEdit: let me add that he has no experience with the CLI, so this should be an app that will work in the GUI.  Thanks.

Edited by Vagabond, 18 May 2011 - 01:45 AM.

"Computing is fractal; wherever you look, there is infinite complexity."  - Jim Gray

#2 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,274 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:23 AM

Might suggest that he use Burn (it's open source, btw), instead of the standard integrated stuff. Been using it for years. And it will do Joliet (PC compatible) as well as burn ISOs.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#3 OFFLINE   ross549

ross549

I live here.

• Forum MVP
  • 9,185 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 07:27 PM

Disk Utility can burn ISOs. Simply launch it and drag the ISO into the window.As far as creating ISO files, I am not sure. Disk Utility may be able to do that too.....http://ask.metafilte...-file-on-my-Mac:)Adam
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Vagabond

Vagabond

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:17 AM

OK, thanks. I'll pass the word.
"Computing is fractal; wherever you look, there is infinite complexity."  - Jim Gray

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users