• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum MVP
  • 18,992 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:12 PM

We don't normally make welcome threads just for new members, but this one is a special case.I'd like everyone to welcome Guillermo Garron to BATL. Guillermo has a very helpful site for Linux folks at http://www.go2linux.org/. Stop on by there and visit with him. You might even learn a thing or two. His site is very popular. He was discussing with me recently the fact that he gets a lot of email from his readers asking for assistance. He wanted to know if I knew of an efficient way to assist these folks. I suggested BATL. Guillermo has agreed to start referring his readers here for help with their Linux adventures. So, let's do as we always do... carry on as Bruno would have wanted us to; being friendly and helpful to folks of all knowledge and skill levels. That is a driving force everywhere here at Scot's, regardless of your interests or operating system.Guillermo, we have quite a few developers stopping by and chatting with us here also. Folks you may be interested in talking with... Tomas Forsman and Jesse Zhang of the Foresight Linux project, Texstar of the PCLinuxOS project, Jeff Hoogland of the Bodhi Linux project, etc. We have some interesting conversations here at times.I hope you enjoy your visits with us. :thumbsup:~Eric

Posted Image

Have a creepy little Halloween!

#2 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 16,027 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:22 PM

Welcome to the forum Guillermo Garron, glad to have you here!!I have been following your blog for years, keep up the good work :thumbsup:
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/Archlinux G+/Configs/PGP Key π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#3 OFFLINE   frapper

frapper

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:00 PM

And here I thought that I was a special case.  :yes: Welcome to the forum Guillermo Garron!   :thumbsup:
Posted Image
Norm
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x3
USAF - '67-'71
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   zlim

zlim

It's me, plodr

• Forum MVP
  • 6,419 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

Welcome Guillermo Garron!  :yes: The guys in Bruno's ATL thrive on problem-solving.  :thumbsup:
Liz
Registered Linux User # 401459
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   ChipDoc

ChipDoc

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

Great to have you with us, Guillermo Garron!  I'm looking forward to making your acquaintaince  :thumbsup:
Think! It's patriotic!
Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
Thomas Jefferson, 1816
  Registered Linux User: 526339 , Check out The Bodhi Guide To Enlightenment

#6 OFFLINE   ichase

ichase

Chasing the Penguin

• Forum MVP
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:24 AM

Welcome Guillermo..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................When is he coming?Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...................I bet he is one of those people that like to make a grand entrance.  :thumbsup:As Chip said.  "I look forward to making your acquaintance"All the best,Ian
Ian Chase

Try Parted Magic The must have tool for any linux user's tool box.  (Contains Gparted, wifi support, Clonezilla, SuperGrubDisk/2, plop bootloader and more!!!)
CNI Radio

"I'm in repair.............I'm not together, but I'm getting there"
- John Mayer

Registered Linux User:  526317 10/22/2010
  Posted Image  Posted Image Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:17 PM

View Postichase, on Apr 11 2011, 11:24 AM, said:

Welcome Guillermo..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................When is he coming?All the best,Ian
He is a busy chap he'll find his way here soon enough.  :hysterical: http://www.linuxaria...e...2 English)Will it be a beer and pies or a wine and cucumber sandwiches do  :hysterical:
Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum MVP
  • 18,992 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:42 PM

Yes, Guillermo is a busy fellow. I'm sure he'll pop in here again soon. :hysterical:

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 11,873 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 01:11 PM

welcome, Guillermo Garron!vt - what is his user name here?

View Postfrapper, on Apr 9 2011, 02:00 PM, said:

And here I thought that I was a special case.  B)
lol - you too?  and i thot i was special... my mom said so every morning when i got on the short bus... ;)
Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   zlim

zlim

It's me, plodr

• Forum MVP
  • 6,419 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:22 PM

Temmu, you need to get out more B)http://forums.scotsn...showtopic=44459Go2linux is Guillermo's nym.
Liz
Registered Linux User # 401459
Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 21,522 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:30 PM

Welcome Guillermo Garron!Great to have you on the forums. Love your site!
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#12 OFFLINE   Go2linux

Go2linux

Message Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:33 PM

View PostLilBambi, on Apr 12 2011, 07:30 PM, said:

Welcome Guillermo Garron!Great to have you on the forums. Love your site!
Thanks to all of you for the great welcome! I'll try to visit the forum more often :hysterical:, and not only on weekends...You guys have a great community here, happy to start being part of it.

#13 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum MVP
  • 18,992 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 10:54 PM

Hola, Guillermo! I'm glad to see you made it back. :hysterical:

Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Go2linux

Go2linux

Message Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:14 PM

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on Apr 23 2011, 10:54 PM, said:

Hola, Guillermo! I'm glad to see you made it back. :hysterical:
Yeap finally :hysterical:

#15 OFFLINE   ChipDoc

ChipDoc

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 02:29 AM

I know how it goes, Guillermo.  Seems as if there aren't enough hours in the day sometimes.  Welcome back and Happy Easter!
Think! It's patriotic!
Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
Thomas Jefferson, 1816
  Registered Linux User: 526339 , Check out The Bodhi Guide To Enlightenment

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users