• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 11,628 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:04 PM

greets.in setting up win 7, i put together a list of how-to's and can't-do's.some of the answers were provided by you, here at scot's.it turned out to be a 22 page (so far) fully illustrated (where applicable) guide.if anyone wants, pm me and we'll figure out how to transfer it to you.topics:Add HyperTerminalAdd Programs To The Start MenuAuto Hot KeyBrother 1950 Label PrinterCalibrate Monitor(s)Change Background to SolidCreate A ShortcutCute PDF WriterFoxit ReaderInstall MVP Hosts FileInstalling the HP LJ 1320Net Send and Msg CommandsPinning Frequently Used DocumentsResponse to R Clicking a File is SlowRunning XP ProgramsSet File AssociationSet Up Network Admin ToolsSetting File View OptionsSticky NotesThe Shut Down MenuTurn Hibernation On or OffTurn On or Off - Windows FeaturesWindows 7 and Disks, Folders, and FilesWindows Help FilesWiresharkadded:turn on / off hibernate (per microsoft kb)calibrate monitor <--- you must do!index by titleindex by page

Edited by Temmu, 01 February 2011 - 04:53 PM.

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 11,628 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

psfolks, if you pm me, plz include your email addy so i have a place to send to...
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   goretsky

goretsky

Forum Fiend

• Forum Moderators
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:56 PM

Hello,Perhaps you could post it to a service like Scribd?Regards,Aryeh Goretsky
Dexter is a good dog.
Aryeh Goretsky
Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - ITPro
My blog.

#4 OFFLINE   ChipDoc

ChipDoc

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:42 PM

It actually wouldn't hurt to post it in more than one place.  The best data security comes from keeping multiple iterations around and accessible.
Think! It's patriotic!
Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
Thomas Jefferson, 1816
  Registered Linux User: 526339 , Check out The Bodhi Guide To Enlightenment

#5 OFFLINE   mac

mac

Thread Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:06 AM

Thanks Temmu!  :thumbsup: PM sent.
Mac
"Long ago, when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks,
it was called witchcraft. Today it's called golf." -- Will Rogers (1879-1935)

#6 OFFLINE   ChipDoc

ChipDoc

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

These look great, Temmu!  I suspect they'll come in very handy for a lot of folks - thanks!http://ChipDoc.com/ftp/Win7.pdfhttp://ChipDoc.com/f...7-Search-v4.pdf
Think! It's patriotic!
Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
Thomas Jefferson, 1816

#7 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 11,628 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:23 AM

am attempting to do something more with "sticky notes" to include fonts and saving - there's a single file that holds them... even after delete....and... network discovery and... admin account strangeness (noticed on 3 sep. pcs w/win 7 pro)will announce then send to chipdoc to host.thanks very much chipdoc for hosting.
Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   ChipDoc

ChipDoc

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:13 AM

Happy to help.  Those things really are amazing.  I'd recommend anyone running Win7 to take a look - great work, Temmu!  B)
Think! It's patriotic!
Thomas Jefferson, 1816

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users