securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,092 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 12:32 PM

Very nice Abarbarian, thanks for sharing :thumbsup:
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/Archlinux G+/Configs/PGP Key π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#52 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 11,429 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

nice.  may take a bit of work, but methinks i'll set it up.
Posted Image

#53 OFFLINE   steel

steel

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:25 AM

View Postsecuritybreach, on Jan 2 2011, 10:55 AM, said:

Nice link, I installed a few of themThanks
Josh, have you tried Linux_Gamers LIiive   its a live DVD from Germany based on Arch Linux here is some of the gamesGames only available on the big edition are underlined.

Armagetron Advanced - Tron-likeAstroMenace - space shooterBlobby Volley 2 - beach ballChromium B.S.U. - space shooterExtreme Tux Racer - downhill racingfoobillard - billardFrozen Bubble - puzzleLBreakout2 - Breakout-like, puzzleLTris - Tetris-likeNeverball - puzzleNeverputt - minigolfOsmos (demo) - ambient puzzlePingus - Lemmings-like, puzzleSecret Maryo Chronicles - jump and runTeeworlds - actionWorld of Goo (Demo) - puzzleXMoto - motocrossFrets On Fire - musicGlest - real-time strategyHedgewars - Worms-like, artilleryLinCity-NG - city plannerManiadrive - Trackmania-like, racingNexuiz - first person shooterOpenLieroX - actionOpenTTd - industry plannerSauerbraten - first person shooterScorched 3D - artillerySuperTuxKart - kart racingTremulous - first person shooterUrban Terror - first person shooterWarsow - first person shooterWarzone 2100 - real-time stategyWesnoth - turn-based strategy, fantasyWidelands - real-time strategyWorld Of Padman - first person shooter

Debian lenny ( main work computer ), Debian squeeze, Arch, Zorin ..Pclos mini  ... Aptosid....SliTaz... Freebsd.... LFS

Louis
Registered Linux User #412396
LFS User #22302

#54 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,092 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:38 AM

Yes, I have tried it in the past. I may have to download an updated copy. Thanks for reminding me of the project :hysterical:

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#55 OFFLINE   steel

steel

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:33 AM

View Postsecuritybreach, on Jan 13 2011, 02:38 AM, said:

Yes, I have tried it in the past. I may have to download an updated copy. Thanks for reminding me of the project :hysterical:
I haven't tried this one either was curious how good or bad it was? another one that i heard of was supergamer

This release is 7.8GB
dual layer dvd full of games. Wonder how good that is?
Debian lenny ( main work computer ), Debian squeeze, Arch, Zorin ..Pclos mini  ... Aptosid....SliTaz... Freebsd.... LFS

Louis
Registered Linux User #412396
LFS User #22302

#56 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,092 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:21 PM

Pretty neat, of  course I do not have any dual layer dvds  :whistling:

#57 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:51 PM

View Postsecuritybreach, on Jan 13 2011, 12:21 PM, said:

Pretty neat, of  course I do not have any dual layer dvds  :)
I have tried this os out in the past and it is pretty good most of the games worked fine. You can get a ordinary DVD from the download page.   B)"The SuperGamer-VL2 Disks are available now.The SuperGamer-VL2 is the update to the SuperGamer-VL "Big Mamma" release with new custom graphics and some additional Games. We took off America's Army and put on Quake Wars and a few smaller games. This LiveDVD is 4.2gb. We just released the SuperGamer-VL2 Disks. We will add the torrents to each iso in the following days. Additional information will soon follow as well on where download these New Releases.The SuperGamer-VL "Big Mamma" is the first release on a new base with support for both NVIDIA and ATI cards. This release featured a new kernel and updated games and is 4.3gb in size while still containing the capabilities to be used as a normal desktop. This release is also being seeded. "http://supergamer.org/ :whistling:

Edited by abarbarian, 13 January 2011 - 05:55 PM.

Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#58 OFFLINE   wa4chq

wa4chq

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:19 AM

A game I recently found that has the feel like "World of Goo" is called "Caph".  From a review: It is a sandbox game, based on physics. The game aim is to make contact red object with green object. You can use various objects, solid, wire (rope), and bendable objects. Gravitation will help you.  I haven't found much in the way of help yet ie: saving a game so you don't always start at the beginning....

REGISTERED LINUX USER #547579

#59 OFFLINE   wa4chq

wa4chq

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:23 AM

View Postwa4chq, on Jan 15 2011, 09:19 AM, said:

A game I recently found that has the feel like "World of Goo" is called "Caph".  From a review: It is a sandbox game, based on physics. The game aim is to make contact red object with green object. You can use various objects, solid, wire (rope), and bendable objects. Gravitation will help you.  I haven't found much in the way of help yet ie: saving a game so you don't always start at the beginning....
should have known....why didn't I look in the caph doc. file.....hmmmmmm, good idea!

#60 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:29 PM

http://www.ubuntuvib...g-platform.html"Lutris is a new gaming platform for Linux that aims at providing easy game installation, configuration and launching system for games. It is different from other services like PlayOnLinux as it integrates a large number of games from a number of different systems that includes console emulators also.Currently it supports games from following platforms:    * Native Linux games    * Windows games under Wine    * Many arcade based games    * Amiga 500, 600, 1200    * Atari 2600, 800, 800XL, 130XE, 5200, ST, STE, TT, Lynx    * Bandai WonderSwan, WonderSwan Color    * Browser games like Quake Live, Minecraft or Flash based games    * Commmodore VIC-20, C64, C128, CBM-II, PLUS/4    * LucasArt SCUMM based games (Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion, ...)    * Magnavox Odyssey˛, Videopac+    * Mattel Intellivision    * Microsoft MSX, MS-DOS    * NEC PC-Engine Turbographx 16, Supergraphx, PC-FX    * Nintendo NES, SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Gamecube    * Sega Master Sytem, Game Gear, Genesis, Dreamcast    * SNK Neo Geo, Neo Geo Pocket    * Sony Playstation    * Z-Machine games like Zork"Phew it will be awesome if it works well  :(
Install ARCH

#61 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,092 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:50 PM

View Postabarbarian, on Jan 15 2011, 11:29 AM, said:

http://www.ubuntuvib...g-platform.html"Lutris is a new gaming platform for Linux that aims at providing easy game installation, configuration and launching system for games. It is different from other services like PlayOnLinux as it integrates a large number of games from a number of different systems that includes console emulators also.Currently it supports games from following platforms:    * Native Linux games    * Windows games under Wine    * Many arcade based games    * Amiga 500, 600, 1200    * Atari 2600, 800, 800XL, 130XE, 5200, ST, STE, TT, Lynx    * Bandai WonderSwan, WonderSwan Color    * Browser games like Quake Live, Minecraft or Flash based games    * Commmodore VIC-20, C64, C128, CBM-II, PLUS/4    * LucasArt SCUMM based games (Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion, ...)    * Magnavox Odyssey˛, Videopac+    * Mattel Intellivision    * Microsoft MSX, MS-DOS    * NEC PC-Engine Turbographx 16, Supergraphx, PC-FX    * Nintendo NES, SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Gamecube    * Sega Master Sytem, Game Gear, Genesis, Dreamcast    * SNK Neo Geo, Neo Geo Pocket    * Sony Playstation    * Z-Machine games like Zork"Phew it will be awesome if it works well  :(
That sounds really cool!!

#62 OFFLINE   rolanaj

rolanaj

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:46 PM

Just curious if anyone has tried playing the MMORPG Voyage Century online in Linux? It is supposed to work but I haven't been able to do it.
Registered Linux User #554733

#63 OFFLINE   SueD

SueD

Posting Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:05 AM

View Postrolanaj, on Oct 14 2011, 09:46 PM, said:

Just curious if anyone has tried playing the MMORPG Voyage Century online in Linux? It is supposed to work but I haven't been able to do it.
I looked into it a while back. It's supposed to work under Wine but since I don't like Wine, I didn't bother.You could try Runescape. That works well. :hysterical:
Sue
Registered Linux User #433538
A life? Cool! Where can I download one of those?

#64 OFFLINE   rolanaj

rolanaj

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

Yes but in VCO I can be a pirate :hysterical: can't do that in Runescape.
Registered Linux User #554733

#65 OFFLINE   SueD

SueD

Posting Prodigy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:21 AM

View Postrolanaj, on Oct 15 2011, 02:22 PM, said:

Yes but in VCO I can be a pirate :blink: can't do that in Runescape.
Arrrgh matey!  ;)
Sue
Registered Linux User #433538
A life? Cool! Where can I download one of those?

#66 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:35 PM

http://www.gamingonlinux.com/index.php?thr...more-games.629/

http://www.humblebundle.com/

The Humble Voxatron
Debut
Pay what you want. If you bought these games separately it would cost around $35 but we are letting you set the price.

All of the games work great on Mac, Windows, and Linux.

Be the first to tackle

biggrin.gif
Install ARCH

#67 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,092 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (abarbarian @ Nov 11 2011, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very cool. I bought the Voxatron bundle the other week when they just had that game and then they added like 6 more to the same package. Since I bought the original package, I was able to download all of the games added to the package.

#68 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

Gish looked a little interesting but I did not fancy the other games, so I passed. Bought a bundle to gift to someone for that holiday coming up soon.   smile.gif
Install ARCH

#69 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

Thought this might be useful for those folks running a decent GNU/Linux  whistling.gif

Patching Wine on Arch

No offence intended for anyone using one of the  rolleyes.gif other penguins.
Install ARCH

#70 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,092 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (abarbarian @ Nov 26 2011, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thought this might be useful for those folks running a decent GNU/Linux  whistling.gif

Patching Wine on Arch

No offence intended for anyone using one of the  rolleyes.gif other penguins.

Nice visual tutorial, thanks for posting thumbsup.gif

#71 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

Not strictly GNU/Linux but worth a look for all gamers.

http://thomasaknight.com/blog.php?id=17

So here is a list of six people who changed the gaming world. A celebration, if you will, of human accomplishment:

cool.gif
Install ARCH

#72 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,092 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (abarbarian @ Nov 28 2011, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not strictly GNU/Linux but worth a look for all gamers.

http://thomasaknight.com/blog.php?id=17

cool.gif

Ooooh D&D!!  I played that for a long time, yeah I am such a geek  ph34r.gif

#73 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:20 PM

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/gaming/2011/1...ech.net+feed%29

How would you like to try out Jagex' new browser-based strategy game, 8Realms, with free access to VIP content which lets you play the game ahead of the February launch?

Well, we're letting you do just that with an exclusive VIP key, which also comes with a free in-game flag bearing the Bit-Gamer logo

https://www.8realms.com/a=782/g=8realms/index.ws

biggrin.gif
Install ARCH

#74 OFFLINE   wa4chq

wa4chq

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

Just found this one on Freecode.  Only played one wave,  but looks mindlessly fun.  It's called "Urbie Defense".
Urbie Defense
drooling.gif

#75 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:21 AM

Cradle

Cradle is a science-fiction first-person quest with freedom of movement. The story is built around the relations of the protagonist and a mechanical girl, who by enigmatic circumstances find themselves together in a yurt among the desert Mongolian hills. The player is to restore the lost functions of his companion's mechanical body parts and together reveal the mystery of the neglected entertainment park found not far from the yurt.

The videos look great. Looks like a modern Syberia an that was a fantastic game.

Flightgear

Founded in 1997, FlightGear is developed by a worldwide group of volunteers, brought together by a shared ambition to create the most realistic flight simulator possible that is free to use, modify and distribute. FlightGear is used all over the world by desktop flight simulator enthusiasts, for research in Universities and for interactive exhibits in museums.

FlightGear features more than 400 aircraft, a worldwide scenery database, a worldwide multi-player environment, detailed sky modelling, a flexible and open aircraft modelling system, varied networking options, multiple display support, a powerful scripting language and an open architecture. Best of all, being open-source, the simulator is owned by the community and everyone is encouraged to contribute.

A major update to this classic.

http://www.ubuntuvibes.com/2012/02/kelgar-...3d-rpg-for.html

http://www.ubuntuvibes.com/2012/02/starfar...combat-and.html

http://www.ubuntuvibes.com/2012/02/starbou...y-terraria.html

Three more that are still at the development stage and not really my cup of tea. Though Starbound looks like it might be good fun for the younger player.

biggrin.gif
Install ARCH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users