• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:58 PM

Sleep Is Deathhttp://sleepisdeath.net/http://sleepisdeath.net/community.phphttp://sleepisdeath.net/slideShowThe last link is well worth a click.   :thumbsup: Looks very interesting and could be a lot of fun.   :)
Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#27 OFFLINE   ChipDoc

ChipDoc

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:22 PM

I've got to admit it certainly does look interesting.  I'll get back to that one!
Think! It's patriotic!
Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
Thomas Jefferson, 1816
  Registered Linux User: 526339 , Check out The Bodhi Guide To Enlightenment

#28 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:19 PM

http://www.penguspy..../view=1/limit=0The above is a cool site to direct new GNU/Linux gamers to. It gives a really slick presentation of free and comercial games for penguins. :hysterical:
Install ARCH

#29 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,786 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

Awesome!!! Thanks for the link :hysterical:
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/Archlinux G+/Configs/PGP Key π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#30 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:38 PM

quite the site, abarbarian!
Posted Image

#31 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:03 PM

http://www.phoronix....s...m&px=ODkxMAhttp://www.humblebundle.com/"The HumbleIndie Bundle #2Pay what you want. If you bought these five games separately, it would cost around $85 but we're letting you set the price!All of the games work great on Mac, Windows, and Linux.We don't use DRM. When you buy these games, they are yours. Feel free to play them without an internet connection, back them up, and install them on all of your Macs and PCs freely. There is no time-limit on your downloads.You can support charity. Choose exactly how your purchase money is divided: Between the game developers, the Electronic Frontier Foundation, or the Child's Play Charity. Also, if you like this deal, a tip to the Humble Bundle itself would be much appreciated!"Worth subscribing to just for Machanarium. Looks like the Windows skinflints pay half the amount the penguin crowd pay.  :hysterical:  Maybe I'm being too harsh, could be that they simply can not afford to pay any more as they have already been bled dry by MS.  :hysterical:
Install ARCH

#32 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,786 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:12 PM

View Postabarbarian, on Dec 14 2010, 07:03 PM, said:

http://www.phoronix....s...m&px=ODkxMAhttp://www.humblebundle.com/"The HumbleIndie Bundle #2Pay what you want. If you bought these five games separately, it would cost around $85 but we're letting you set the price!All of the games work great on Mac, Windows, and Linux.We don't use DRM. When you buy these games, they are yours. Feel free to play them without an internet connection, back them up, and install them on all of your Macs and PCs freely. There is no time-limit on your downloads.You can support charity. Choose exactly how your purchase money is divided: Between the game developers, the Electronic Frontier Foundation, or the Child's Play Charity. Also, if you like this deal, a tip to the Humble Bundle itself would be much appreciated!"Worth subscribing to just for Machanarium. Looks like the Windows skinflints pay half the amount the penguin crowd pay.  :hysterical:  Maybe I'm being too harsh, could be that they simply can not afford to pay any more as they have already been bled dry by MS.  :hysterical:
Kewl, I may have to buy this one since I bought the first Humble Indie Bundle pack. Great games!!

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#33 OFFLINE   wa4chq

wa4chq

Post Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:37 PM

I forgot all about this game until now.... xlander .... I used to play it off and on over the years.

REGISTERED LINUX USER #547579

#34 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

25 awesome Cross-platform games you can download for free http://downloadsquad...ws-mac-linux-5/There has to be something here for everyone.   :(
Install ARCH

#35 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,786 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

View Postabarbarian, on Jan 2 2011, 10:53 AM, said:

25 awesome Cross-platform games you can download for free http://downloadsquad...ws-mac-linux-5/There has to be something here for everyone.   :(
Nice link, I installed a few of themThanks

#36 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:16 PM

View Postsecuritybreach, on Jan 2 2011, 12:55 PM, said:

Nice link, downloaded a few of them.THanks
Which ones ??I'm looking forward to Yo Frankie if I manage to get Arch installed tomorrow  :(  Tried to run it under Mandy but had issues with the right Blender version so gave up. Can not have a retry as Mandy has been wiped from me life  :bye2: I think I'll try Wolfenstein on 7 just to cheer meself up, shooting krauts is way better than crying over lost loves  :hysterical:
Install ARCH

#37 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,786 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:31 PM

View Postabarbarian, on Jan 2 2011, 12:16 PM, said:

Which ones ??I'm looking forward to Yo Frankie if I manage to get Arch installed tomorrow  :(  Tried to run it under Mandy but had issues with the right Blender version so gave up. Can not have a retry as Mandy has been wiped from me life  :bye2: I think I'll try Wolfenstein on 7 just to cheer meself up, shooting krauts is way better than crying over lost loves  :hysterical:
I installed freedroid and glest (actually MegaGlest). Most all of the games are in the Arch repos including Wolfenstein. There are lots of different versions/mods of Wolfenstein ET available on the Arch repos.

#38 OFFLINE   ChipDoc

ChipDoc

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:33 AM

Thanks for the link!  I installed LinCity (which was available through Synaptic, incidentally) and got totally distracted by playing it for the last few hours.   :hysterical:
Think! It's patriotic!
Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day.
Thomas Jefferson, 1816

#39 OFFLINE   sunrat

sunrat

Discussion Deity

• Forum Moderators
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:05 PM

View PostChipDoc, on Jan 4 2011, 01:33 AM, said:

Thanks for the link!  I installed LinCity (which was available through Synaptic, incidentally) and got totally distracted by playing it for the last few hours.   :hysterical:
Did you get lincity-ng? It's more recent and prettier than the original.
registered Linux user number 324659  || The importance of Reading The *Fine* Manual! :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image MX-14
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.

#40 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:30 PM

View Postsecuritybreach, on Jan 2 2011, 01:31 PM, said:

I installed freedroid and glest (actually MegaGlest). Most all of the games are in the Arch repos including Wolfenstein. There are lots of different versions/mods of Wolfenstein ET available on the Arch repos.
Freedroid is neat I played some of it a couple of years ago but got stuck  :hysterical: I'll have to give it another go.

View Postsecuritybreach, on Jan 2 2011, 01:31 PM, said:

Freedroid is neat I played some of it a couple of years ago but got stuck  :unsure: I'll have to give it another go.
Install ARCH

#41 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:04 AM

neat.i'm seeing in stereo... :P :D :lol:
Posted Image

#42 OFFLINE   ChipDoc

ChipDoc

Forum Fiend

• Members
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

View Postsunrat, on Jan 3 2011, 05:05 PM, said:

Did you get lincity-ng? It's more recent and prettier than the original.
Yep, that's the one!
Think! It's patriotic!
Thomas Jefferson, 1816

#43 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

View PostTemmu, on Jan 4 2011, 02:04 AM, said:

neat.i'm seeing in stereo... :P :D :lol:
That is either DT's from too much celebrating or too many hours playing Painkiller, both can cause twitchy finger   :hysterical:
Install ARCH

#44 OFFLINE   rolanaj

rolanaj

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:46 PM

Arch is based on Debian isn't it? That would explain all those games being in the repositories. Bruno once sent me a copy of Debian it included 14 cds, there was everything I could imagine in there.I was kind of hoping that Yo Frankie! would be in the repos for PCLinuxOS but so far no luck. I don't know if any of those games are there actually.
Registered Linux User #554733

#45 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,786 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:42 PM

View Postrolanaj, on Jan 4 2011, 04:46 PM, said:

Arch is based on Debian isn't it? That would explain all those games being in the repositories. Bruno once sent me a copy of Debian it included 14 cds, there was everything I could imagine in there.I was kind of hoping that Yo Frankie! would be in the repos for PCLinuxOS but so far no luck. I don't know if any of those games are there actually.
No Archlinux is not based upon Debian, if anything it was originally based upon Crux Linux:Arch Compared to Other Distributions

Judd Vinet, a Canadian programmer and occasional guitarist, began developing Arch Linux in early 2001. Its first formal release, Arch Linux 0.1, was on March 11, 2002. Inspired by the elegant simplicity of Slackware, Polish Linux Distribution, and CRUX, and yet disappointed with the lack of package management; Vinet built his own distribution on similar principles as those distros. But, he also wrote a package management program called pacman, to automatically handle package installation, removal, and upgrades.
https://wiki.archlin...y_of_Arch_LinuxArchlinux has 8,779 official packages and another 26,748 in the community repos (AUR).

#46 OFFLINE   rolanaj

rolanaj

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

Thanks for the information. The fact that it was developed by a Canadian makes it even more interesting, at least to a fellow Canadian :hysterical:

#47 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 15,786 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:47 PM

View Postrolanaj, on Jan 4 2011, 05:44 PM, said:

Thanks for the information. The fact that it was developed by a Canadian makes it even more interesting, at least to a fellow Canadian :lol:
:hysterical:

#48 OFFLINE   Temmu

Temmu

The Assimilator

• Forum MVP
  • 11,791 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:59 PM

agreeing (kinda) with wiki.archlinux.org,the gnu/linux distro timeline by a. lundqvist shows arch as a branch of crux, and crux as an independent node (no father node).
Posted Image

#49 OFFLINE   rolanaj

rolanaj

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

This link was posted on the PCLinuxOS forum but I think these games should work in most versions of Linux. I did find some of them already in the repos for PCLinuxOS, not all of them though. I installed Dosbox but so far can't seem to save in any of the games which isn't great when playing a sim or rpg.

#50 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,643 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:50 AM

"Play Bioware's Infinity Engine Games PlaneScape Torment, Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale Natively on LinuxBioware's Infinity Engine was home to many great games in past that totally defined RPG game genre with deep storyline, engaging gameplay, isometric graphics, and dungeons and dragons rules based gameplay. Almost all the games under infinity engine became hugely popular and are even today considered to be best games in their genre with huge dedicated fan base.Games Based on Infinity Engine:    * Bladur's Gate I and expansion pack Tales From The Sword Coast    * Planescape : Torment    * Icewind Dale I and expansion packs: Heart of Winter and Trials of Luremaster    * Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and expansion Throne of Bhaal    * Icewind Dale IIThese all time classic games can be played natively on Linux thanks to project called GemRB.About GemRBGemRB (Game Engine Made with Pre-Rendered Background) is a "port" (actually a new implementation) of the original Infinity Engine  to Linux/Unix, Mac OSX and Windows with some enhancements. "http://www.ubuntuvib...gine-games.htmlThis looks like an interesting development if you play those games.   :thumbsup:
Install ARCH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users