• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scot

Scot

Administrator

• Forum Admins
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 11:13 AM

I've become a baseball fan in my "old" age. You'd think that since my Dad (a 60+-year-long Yankees fan) went to school on a baseball scholarship, it wouldn't have taken me so long. But it did. I hated baseball as a kid, and loved American football. My wife, who is also a football fan, married me under the proviso that I would never become a baseball fan. At the time, that seemed an easy thing to agree to. No longer. Baseball is sublime. It's the world's best sport. And now I just wish it were played year-round and never stopped.With that backdrop, I'm writing to report that I attended the two best baseball games I've ever seen in my life over the weekend. With apologies to my Oakland Athletics-fan readers, I'm talking about the Boston RedSox v. Oakland A's games at Fenway. Being in the stands (and also on TV due to my proximity to a home-run ball), was great fun at these two come-back games. Later today, the A's have a solid chance to knock the RedSox out of the play-offs. But Pedro Martinez is also on the hill. Both teams are loaded with talent and spirit, and it should be a great game regardless. It's a tired cliche, but since the winner will be going up against a Yankees team that has really come together in the play-offs -- may the best team win.I screamed so loud and long that I lost my voice for a while last night.  :o -- Scot
Scot Finnie, Editor-in-Chief, Computerworld.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users