Print a pdf at larger than intended size?
Posted 28 November 2008 - 03:28 PM
Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:10 PM
Posted 29 November 2008 - 02:40 PM
- Run GSView (a graphic front-end to GhostScript).
- File > Open and navigate to the PDF you want to print at a larger or smaller size.
- File > Convert
a. To print in black and white, set device: to pnggrayb. To print in color, set device: to png16mc. Example Dialog
- Set Resolution: to 600.
If you need more resolution (1200 dpi for instance) type -r1200 in the Options: box.* If you print the document at double size, the real true final print resolution will be 1/2 of the number you use here* If you print the document at 50% smaller, this real true final print resolution will be 2x the number you use here.
- By default all document pages will be converted. If you only want some particular page(s), make your selection(s).
- Leave page size set to the default - Variable Page Size.
- Click OK.
- Navigate to the folder you want to save into.
- Set File name:
to NAMEYOUWANT %d.png (documents less then 10 pages)or NAMEYOUWANT %2d.png (documents less than 100 pages)or NAMEYOUWANT %3d.png (documents less than 1000 pages)SPECIAL NOTE: Be sure to included the file extension - .png
- When the conversion is done, open IrfanView.
- File > Thumbnails and navigate to the folder you saved the converted pages into.
- Select the pages you want to print.
- File > Print selected files as single images...
- Set Print size: to Best fit to page (aspect ratio).(Or choose a custom print size)
- OPTIONAL - Give Center image a check mark.
- Click the Print button.
Posted 29 November 2008 - 03:00 PM
Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:04 PM
Posted 29 November 2008 - 07:17 PM
Edited by Tushman, 29 November 2008 - 07:21 PM.
Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:21 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users