• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scot

Scot

Administrator

• Forum Admins
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:48 AM

Visual Tour: 20 Things You Won't Like About Windows Vista * Finding the Right Antivirus Program, Part III * Cyndy's Digital Photo-Editing Toolbox * Review: Apple MacBook Pro 17-inch | Top Product! * Link of the Month: MacPrices.comhttp://www.scotsnewsletter.com/81.htm
Scot Finnie, Editor-in-Chief, Computerworld.com

#2 OFFLINE   webster72n

webster72n

New Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:04 PM

View PostScot, on Jun 2 2006, 11:48 AM, said:

Visual Tour: 20 Things You Won't Like About Windows Vista * Finding the Right Antivirus Program, Part III * Cyndy's Digital Photo-Editing Toolbox * Review: Apple MacBook Pro 17-inch | Top Product! * Link of the Month: MacPrices.comhttp://www.scotsnewsletter.com/81.htm
My question is unrelated to this post, but I need an answer:I would like to start a new topic by referring to a post made by 'rpiz' on July 30, 2005'It has to do with removable drives not working under windows.How can I achieve that?webster72n. ;)

#3 OFFLINE   Peachy

Peachy

Anarquista De Sartorial

• Forum Moderators
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:17 PM

Welcome webster72n!Can you post a link to the topic. That may refresh people's memory.

'freedom...is actually the reason that men live together in political organisations at all. Without it, political life as such would be meaningless. The raison d'Être of politics is freedom, and its field of experience is action'.
My Flickr Photo Blog Posted Image
del.icio.us bookmarks Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   webster72n

webster72n

New Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:59 AM

View PostPeachy, on Jun 6 2006, 09:17 PM, said:

Welcome webster72n!Can you post a link to the topic. That may refresh people's memory.
Boy Peachy, I tried everything I know and can't reproduce that particular link at the moment.I found it looking for an answer to my problem:CD-ROM wants to format, but can't and Floppy A asks to insert a disk, when one is in the drive already.Both drives work in DOS. The OS is WinME.The poster was "rpiz" and the date July 30, 2005.Hope that helps.webster72n.

#5 OFFLINE   teacher

teacher

Acute Mac

• Honorary Moderators
  • 13,854 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:30 PM

It's not that difficult.  Go back to the thread where rpiz posted.  Click the quote button.  Then go to the appropriate forum and click new thread and the quote should show up!
Teacher
Beach Bum Extraordinaire

#6 OFFLINE   webster72n

webster72n

New Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:17 PM

View Postteacher, on Jun 8 2006, 04:30 PM, said:

It's not that difficult.  Go back to the thread where rpiz posted.  Click the quote button.  Then go to the appropriate forum and click new thread and the quote should show up!
Just came back here to find your reply, Julia, thank you.Managed to find the "missing link" in "My Favorites":           "http://forums.scotsn...c=12806".Surely hope this may get some results, to prevent having to "reinstall" or some other "drastic" measures.webster72n.

#7 OFFLINE   Charred

Charred

Message Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:20 PM

View Postwebster72n, on Jun 8 2006, 05:17 PM, said:

Just came back here to find your reply, Julia, thank you.Managed to find the "missing link" in "My Favorites":           "http://forums.scotsn...c=12806".Surely hope this may get some results, to prevent having to "reinstall" or some other "drastic" measures.webster72n.
Here you go:  http://forums.scotsn...topic=12806&hl=

#8 OFFLINE   webster72n

webster72n

New Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:47 PM

View PostCharred, on Jun 8 2006, 07:20 PM, said:

Thank you Charred, have no idea why my given url was different and not "live".Added it to Favorites right from the webpage.As you can see there is no solution to the problem at hand in this thread and hopefully someone might come up with a workable remedy.My situation is exactly the same as described in that thread: I tried all mentioned angles and can only hope for "a miracle" now.BTW should I start a new post under "Hardware" or something similar?webster72n.

#9 OFFLINE   Charred

Charred

Message Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:55 AM

View Postwebster72n, on Jun 8 2006, 08:47 PM, said:

Thank you Charred, have no idea why my given url was different and not "live".Added it to Favorites right from the webpage.As you can see there is no solution to the problem at hand in this thread and hopefully someone might come up with a workable remedy.My situation is exactly the same as described in that thread: I tried all mentioned angles and can only hope for "a miracle" now.BTW should I start a new post under "Hardware" or something similar?webster72n.
Yes, start a new thread or better yet just reply to the thread started by rpiz.

#10 OFFLINE   JerryM

JerryM

Topic Cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:41 PM

Hi Scot,I am looking for "Looking for the Right Antivirus Program, Part I."I can't locate it in the Back Issues. I am wondering why you decided to ditch NAV after using it for so many years?I recently needed a different AV, and after trying KAV 6, NOD32, and Avast, I settled on KAV 6 for my desktop, and am trying a 6 month trial of F-Secure. I like both, and will continue to keep KAV 6, and so far am inclined to keep F-Secure when the trial runs out. KAV uses the least memory of any I have tried.Thanks,Jerry

#11 OFFLINE   Gary

Gary

Forum Fiend

• No Longer a Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 10:36 PM

View PostJerryM, on Jun 15 2006, 04:41 PM, said:

Hi Scot,I am looking for "Looking for the Right Antivirus Program, Part I."I can't locate it in the Back Issues. I am wondering why you decided to ditch NAV after using it for so many years?I recently needed a different AV, and after trying KAV 6, NOD32, and Avast, I settled on KAV 6 for my desktop, and am trying a 6 month trial of F-Secure. I like both, and will continue to keep KAV 6, and so far am inclined to keep F-Secure when the trial runs out. KAV uses the least memory of any I have tried.Thanks,Jerry
I am using Avast and it works great on Build 5308. Avg would not work at all on that build. I would think that Avast will work on build 5384 as well. :thumbsup:

#12 OFFLINE   JerryM

JerryM

Topic Cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:45 AM

View PostJerryM, on Jun 15 2006, 04:41 PM, said:

Was there no Part I?Thanks,Jerry

#13 OFFLINE   zlim

zlim

It's me, plodr

• Forum MVP
  • 6,422 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:31 PM

This is the first mention http://www.scotsnews...m/75.htm#offsymDecember 2005. He didn't call it part I, probably because he didn't realize it would become a multi-part article.
Liz
Registered Linux User # 401459
Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   JerryM

JerryM

Topic Cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 11:53 PM

View Postzlim, on Jun 18 2006, 09:31 PM, said:

This is the first mention http://www.scotsnews...m/75.htm#offsymDecember 2005. He didn't call it part I, probably because he didn't realize it would become a multi-part article.
Makes sense. Thanks, I appreciate the help.Have a good evening.Best,Jerry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users