Photo

Pale Moon: End of services for old versions (previous milestones)

Yesterday, 09:43 AM

Posted by Corrine in Social Media
From End of services for old versions (previous milestones):

Since we've been on the current milestone 27 for almost a year now, and  we can't keep supporting all versions forever, we'll be ending services  for old versions soon.

This means in practice:
  • The  internal updater will no longer offer notifications or automatic updates  to the browser if you are still on 26.* or below. Please make sure to  upgrade as soon as possible.
    After this ends, the way to upgrade will be using the installer of the latest version of Pale Moon.
  • End  of special-casing for Windows XP users. We'll be cleaning up the update  process and website to remove special information pages etc.
  • The  (ancient) Android version of Pale Moon will be removed (unpublished)  from the Play Store. The only way to still get this unsupported version  of the browser will be by side-loading the APK from the archives, if you  need it. Please note that continuing to use this very old version of  the browser bears a considerable security risk.
  • We will no longer provide blocklist updates for previous milestones.

36 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

WiFi Channels

18 Oct 2017

Posted by Purhonen in Security & Networking
I have a 2007 HP laptop running Windows 7. Recently had Google Fiber Internet hooked up (100 Mbps).
Google Network box has two frequencies: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
My iPhone 7+ and iPad Mini 4 (both running IOS 11.0.3) both receive both frequencies.
My HP laptop picks up only the 2.4 GHz channel.
Why? My guess is my laptop hardware (the NIC) is too old. Could that be it?
Thanks, Steve

398 Views · 3 Replies ( Last reply by Digerati )

Photo

Manjaro Marketing Lie

18 Oct 2017

Posted by securitybreach in Bruno's All Things Linux
"We integrated MS Office in our OS."

Amazing, they were able to preinstall a browser.  Claiming that Microsoft Office works on your OS when all you are doing is using webapps like any other distro/OS could is very mendacious. That sounds like a tactic that (a certain fruit company) would use.  Talk about deceitful. :thumbsdown:
Posted Image

https://twitter.com/...839972093513729

I understand that it is marketing but they are basically lying legally... Very shameful Manjaro. :bangin:

And of course, I called them out on their tweet and also on G+. B)

424 Views · 2 Replies ( Last reply by securitybreach )

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

0 members, 45 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Google, Yahoo, Bing

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS