Linux Counter

ebrke

raymac46...I received a reply almost right away and reset my password. I found the reply in my SPAM folder so if you haven't found anything in your inbox, check spam.

Haven't heard back yet. Resetting password won't work as I think I have an old account where my ID isn't listed properly.

It's been years since I updated. The latest script wanted me to delete my machine and enter a new one, but I went into ~/.linuxcounter/ and edited the file for my machine to include my old "machine_id" and "machine_updatekey" values. Once I did that, the lico-update.sh script updated my machine without a problem.

My current profile: https://www.linuxcounter.net/user/533713

Edited by Fuddster
  • Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

Thanks for the reminder. Nothing much has changed for me, so I didn't have to edit anything. Mine still shows ericsbane06 (my most recent main system) as being active, but it's not. It's still complete and working, but it's on the shelf out in the shop. Current machines are: ericsbane07 (main) and ericsshop02-wifi (shop). No working lappies these days.

• Like 1

According to the counter there are almost twicw as many Slackware,SuSe, and Gentoo users as there are Arch users :thudna5:

Slackware Linux 9,824 SuSE Linux 9,375 Gentoo Linux 7,426 Arch Linux

• Like 2

securitybreach

According to the counter there are almost twicw as many Slackware,SuSe, and Gentoo users as there are Arch users :thudna5:

Slackware Linux 9,824 SuSE Linux 9,375 Gentoo Linux 7,426 Arch Linux

Well you have to also look at their traffic in the last few years. Archlinux has been around since 2007 but the flood of new users has only happened in the last 5 years or so.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reminder. Nothing changed but at least the password set in 2015 still worked. I logged in in 2016 to add an android tablet.

• Like 1