Another "What is it?"

Corrine

It is "tie" , invented by the Croatians.

oh, you meant what type of knot in the tie? a bit hard to tell as photo is not enlaragable. Looks like a double-Windsor, invented by Lord Windsor's 3rd tailor.

what's the machine the guy is holding though?

ok, like i noted photo is a bit small but it looks like a computer with tape cartridge storage that was used in the late '70s and early '80s by programmers to do games like hangman and X-Flyer.

That's a clip on tie. ;)

Clip on ties were a firing offense at IBM in the 70's! :angry: Then again, so were Windsor Knots. That has to be a four-in-hand. Only thing allowed at IBM. :whistling:

Edited by lewmur

V.T. Eric Layton

Ties were (and still are), in my opinion, a silly piece of clothing. Who in the world ever dreamed up a fashion where you voluntarily tie something around your neck? ;)

They were dreamed up as a way of getting a premium price for a minimal piece of cloth with minimal assembly required.

They were originally marketed to female shoppers as an accessory or gift for the male in their lives.

Easier to pick out one he would use than new golf clubs or a hat.

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I've never been a necktie guy.

First, they clashed with my usual attire as a teen age male. Shirtless or tie-dyed, cut-off shorts, and barefoot or flip-flops.

My later attire does not lend itself to a necktie either, no flip up collar on a t-shirt.

Not to mention they are uncomfortable and impractical for any real work. The guys at the jobsite would totally make fun of me for wearing one to work.

Guest LilBambi

Granted neckties are a real pain!

But you have not known pain till you spend a 12 hr day on the road or at the office in 4+ inch hi heel shoes!

anchor-el.jpg

:hysterical:

V.T. Eric Layton

High heels, underwire brassieres, girdles, make-up, stylish hairdos, etc. What torture it must be to be a woman. ;)

Guest LilBambi

Not for me. I am a woodsy kinda girl. I love the woods, the mountains, nature, and being as natural as I can be.

Tried those high heels when I was very young. Gave it up quickly!

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah... my wardrobe is pretty much like Bob's above... t-shirts, cutoff jean shorts, flip-flops. It's Florida, right? ;) I wear long pants in the wintertime. :)

Oh, twenty or thirty minutes or so late one night in January, usually.

I must have just missed it. Darn, I did so want to witness it, just once. :hysterical: