How good are your browsers?

tforsman

Iv'e been testing the biggest browsers (firefox3, 4, Chromium, Opera) and ended up with a result i didnt think I would get.http://clients.futuremark.com/peacekeeper/...action?key=5TW8bench.pngUploaded with ImageShack.usSeems firefox need to optimize their browser alot more to render sites faster :)Run your test here: http://clients.futuremark.com/peacekeeper/index.action

• 1 month later...

Firefox(v4.0.1) Scored:3171 PointsChrome(v11.0.696.68) Scored:6689 PointsI noticed the test in FF, especially the spaceships. were alot choppier. Might have spilled my beer, if I were in those ships, while I could have ate soup out of the bowl in Chrome. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

No it's more likely because G-Chrome is a lot leaner than most folks' FFs. If I were to strip my FF down to the same minimal capabilities of G-Chrome, it would probably score as good or better on these benchmark tests. The reality here is that these tests are unfair because the do not test the browsers in similar situations and setups. It's like running a 1/4 mile drag between a 70 Ford Mustang Mach I with a 351cu Cleveland engine against a 70 Camaro Z28 with and LT1 350cu and 500lbs of bricks in the trunk. Stripped to minimal capabilities, these two vehicles are somewhat evenly matched. However, add some "extensions" and "addons" in the form of bricks to the Camaro and you have an unfair match-up.

Stripped to minimal capabilities, these two vehicles are somewhat evenly matched. However, add some "extensions" and "addons" in the form of bricks to the Camaro and you have an unfair match-up.
Yet I'm running extensions and addons in Chrome too. Admittedly, I'm only running 8 of them, but it's a lot more than I ever ran in IE.Perhaps I'm only carrying 100lbs of bricks in the trunk... :">

• 9 months later...

Digging up an old thread here. I just ran Peacekeeper with Chromium 16 and Iceweasel 10. Scores are way lower than some posted above, but whether that's due to slow ADSL connection or graphics card or something else, I don't know. Still, more impressive than Ipad 2's 374! :)

I did notice that Chromium skipped the WebGL test and IW skipped the H264 test. Also IW has about 8 add-ons whereas Chromium has none.

Chromium 16:

HTML5 Capabilities 6/7

Iceweasel 10:

HTML5 Capabilities 6/7

It would be good if you guys who posted before would rerun with your latest browser versions. I think this test is probably not reliable to compare systems, but mainly to compare browsers on the same system. I'd also be interested to know if the test has changed since you last ran it.

The new URL for this test is http://peacekeeper.futuremark.com/

Arch 64

FF 10.0.2

1495 HTML5 Capabilities 5/7

B)

That is twice as slow as 9 months ago an a lot slower than sunrats latest figures ofr Iceweasle 10 and Chromium. Looks like FF is suffering from old age syndrome. :lol:

Edited by abarbarian

securitybreach

I am starting to believe that these tests are meaningless as my numbers are not even close to last time:

SRWare Iron 17.0.1000.0: 2778

Firefox 10.0.2: 1932

Chrome 19.0.1055.1: 3304

From back in May:

Chrome 13.0.767.1: 9929

Firefox 4.0.1: 5083

So either these tests are crap or the development has went way down on both FF and Chome.

you guys are running beta test.

Try out the new BETA version of Peacekeeper - now works with any browser on any device, from desktops and notebooks, to tablets and smartphones. Includes many new and improved tests to give you a more accurate way of measuring and comparing browser performance.

Thats why you guys get so different results than before. run older one to see real results against older tests:

http://clients.futuremark.com/peacekeeper1/index.action

But i recommend to run newer one from now on, tests html5 and such stuff that are "useful" for a user to know about. As html5 is the future :)

securitybreach

Thanks Tomas, that makes sense :thumbsup:

SRWare Iron 17.0.1000.0 = 9002

Compared with 2778 from above