New netbook

securitybreach

securitybreach

Well I have had my netbook for about 2 weeks and I finally finished setting everything up (upgraded ram to 8gb, got Archlinux installed/setup and fully encrypted with LUKS plus I got some stickers) so I figured it was about time to post some pictures.

At first I didn't like the keyboard layout until I reqlized that the bios allowed you to switch the function and ctrl keys so ctrl is in the normal place. You can also set the function keys to either the F-keys (F1-F12) or as the shortcut keys (I use the F-keys by default). After that, everything was perfect with the keyboard. I do like how the keyboard has oversized keys that are flat versus the chicklet type. The battery life is about 5 hours but it can go into suspend for over 12 hours.

The only thing I did not setup all the way was the double click function (middle click) on the touchpad. I'll just have to mess with it until I get the correct configuration.

Here are the specs:

Lenovo Thinkpad 20D90020US-11e

Celeron N2940 (4C, 1.83 / 2.25GHz, 2MB, 1333MHz)

Intel HD Graphics

8GB ram

11.6" HD (1366x768)

128GB SSD

Intel 7260 ac + BT4.0

Camera 720p

Battery Cells 4-cell (35Wh)

Power Adapter (watt) 45W

Over all this is a very nice computer and is perfect for it's intended purpose (a small and lightweight portable device that is beefy enough for on the go stuff but cheap enough to not worry about throwing it in a bag). Not too shabby for about $250 includind the ram upgrade...

xGdKgAC.jpg NAVP9Jr.jpg eH4SuEh.jpg zhS7ZVT.png TWQHy45.png

YZ6cusk.jpg

• Like 5

Hello,

How do you like using a ThinkPad without the TrackPoint? Is the TrackPad adequate for your usage?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Sweet... Lenovo tend to be pretty good. I've been using a B590 for the last four years or so by now and never had any problems.

(And I've played around with a lot of operating systems in that time!)

• Like 2

securitybreach

Hello,

How do you like using a ThinkPad without the TrackPoint? Is the TrackPad adequate for your usage?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Personally, I never cared for the trackpoint anyway so it doesn't bother me any.

Sweet... Lenovo tend to be pretty good. I've been using a B590 for the last four years or so by now and never had any problems.

(And I've played around with a lot of operating systems in that time!)

Nice :thumbsup: