Show Us Your GNU/Linux Desktop

V.T. Eric Layton

Hi all,Below is my gnome desktop (feisty ubuntu)th_Screenshot-1.gifmy KDE desktop (PCLinuxOS 2007)th_snapshot.gifand for giggles B) my XP desktop (yes Eric I still use XP)th_xp.gif

Edited by Frank Golden

That's definitely where Windows belongs... in a virtual box... a locked one, preferably. B)
We have just the thing for You, Sir... The Windows RG! Try out this FREE demo in virtual Flash environment. Satisfaction guaranteed! :D

:D . . Urmas . . . . . that RG edition is GReat . . . . B) Anyway, back to the screenshots: here is the Mandriva 2008 RC1 un-tweaked desktop:. . . . . 1351860196_b2e7c1da67_o.gif <-- clickB) Bruno

some nice desktops here, RG edition :) i guess i can add my own ....... since i am on mandrake i will add them .... kde th_man_kde.pnggnometh_man_gnome.pngfluxboxth_man_flux.png

Edited by steel

V.T. Eric Layton

Those are pretty neat, Louis. I especially like the Fluxbox one. I've never used that desktop manager. May have to give it a try! :)

hi Eric, hope that you are liking the new job.... i like small windows managers better... like AfterStep, fluxbox,Window Maker and also now playing with Enlightenment e17 ... my first one that i loved was Kahaka some years ago... i havent been able to install it i think they stopped working on in 2004 too bad it was beautiful and light , much lighter and faster then even fluxbox and really beautiful ....

COOL! Fluxbox even has a version for Slackware. :)
hi Eric yeah there is so much you can do with small window managers you should take a look at some other desktops slackware screenshots decide which one you like and then we want to see a screenshot of it :P its fun to do and its smoking fast ... and best its personlized by you ... just one word of wisdom ..... backup backup backup before you would edit any files ....

No time to play with GNU/Linux/Opensource goodies right now. :P I'm having to deal with XP and NT2000 at the new job. :) :( :(
Eric . . . just put a nice little Live CD in your pocket . . . and every time when there is a dull moment you flip in the CD and show the punters what a real OS looks like :DB) Bruno

WOW Temmu, I love that! That is worth stealing. :blink: May I have that in a non-wide screen version? I see from the info that it is Fiji. Only stopped there on the flight between Aukland and Honolulu. It wasn't sunset.Bruno, I think Eric has to behave while he is in training BUT once he has his own spot, he can show his coworkers what a stable OS looks like.found a fiji wallpaper source http://www.travelblog.org/Wallpaper/coral_coast_fiji.html

Edited by zlim

V.T. Eric Layton
Eric . . . just put a nice little Live CD in your pocket . . . and every time when there is a dull moment you flip in the CD and show the punters what a real OS looks like :DB) Bruno
I wonder if I could grab a 4G Flash drive and run Slackware from it on my system at work? That'll show 'em! :blink: Edited by V.T. Eric Layton